ad: elecraft

Mini 60 - Android Powered Antenna Analyzer

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH8STN, Apr 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Operators.
    Continuing forward with my Mini 60 series, this video will show you how to set-up the Mini 60 (Sark 100 clone) Antenna Analyzer, on an Android smartphone or tablet. You'll learn where to find and how to install the modified (and improved) Mini 60 Android app from DH1KLM. Finally, you'll learn how to scan a portion or the entire band, while connected to your antenna.

Hopefully someone will find this video is useful.
    de oh8stn

VK2DMH, IX1FIT, N9PBD and 4 others like this.
  2. DL5CH

DL5CH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello OH8STN,
    very nice useful video.

73 from Germany

DO1DLC Christoph

OH8STN likes this.
  3. ZL1PDT

ZL1PDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Julian, Please do you have the setup for the none Bluetooth mini 60 have tried all the stuff we could find and can not get it to read a thing
    it just keeps on scaning with no result is there some thing you have run into ( mine is not Bluetooth have to use cable to PC),
    Please can you help,
    Thanks,
    Pieter ZL1PDT I, NZ

4. OH8STN

Thanks for the kindness Christopher.
    73 from Finland

5. OH8STN

Hi Pieter.
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've only recently come to own this antenna analyzer, so I don't have a lot of experience with it, other than with Android. I don't know if this is going to be helpful or not, but I'll just throw it out there.
    The link mentioned in my video for DH1KLM, also has Windows software available for download. I would imagine there are instructions as well. He has also published a tutorial about adding Bluetooth, to a non Bluetooth mini 60. There's also a ham radio operator in Sweden, who makes compatible software for this antenna analyzer.
    You can find links to both of their websites through the link in the video description. Unfortunately that's about the best that I can do. I just don't have any experience Beyond Android with this device.
    I know it won't help much, but I hope it it leads you to the answer.
    73 de oh8stn

6. AI6US

AI6US XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OH8STN, Thank you for the video. I use the mini60 with both the PC and the Android apps. The Android with Bluetooth connection makes outdoor work so much easier and presents so much informantion.

Pieter, Sounds like the serial port connection is not being made prior to scanning. Is the USB driver installed? Does the USB device show up in the device manager? Is the correct port selected prior to initiating the scan?

OH8STN likes this.
  7. W9RWF

W9RWF Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't have an Android tablet but I do have an Android smartphone (a Galaxy S7). Will that work?

OH8STN likes this.
  8. AI6US

AI6US XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Works on my Android tablet, wife's Android smartphone and our Android set-top box. :)

OH8STN likes this.
  9. VE7FU

VE7FU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for the video. I recently acquired one of these and it works great with my Google Pixel phone and my old Samsung note 4.

OH8STN likes this.
  10. K2TL

K2TL Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone have a recommendation for a seller? I see so many available and not sure who to trust. I would like the Bluetooth/internal battery version. Email me if you can't post it here.. K2TL at optonline.net

Thanks

OH8STN likes this.
  11. NT2D

NT2D Ham Member QRZ Page

The reviews for this product are all over the place from works great to cut wires with missing battery holders etc.
    A recommended seller would be appreciated

OH8STN and K2TL like this.
  12. WH6FAO

WH6FAO Ham Member QRZ Page

does it only to a snap shot of your lowest swr or is it live? looking at a getting an analyzer so I can get the best possible tune for my antennas

OH8STN likes this.
  13. OH8STN

Absolutely the app also works on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

14. OH8STN

As you can see in the video it's scanning all the time. So the ideas that you can scan a single band, or choose any block between 1 and 60 megahertz. You'll be able to see the resonant frequency of your antenna, and if you allow the app to continue to scan repeatedly you can adjust your antenna and see in near real-time the resonant frequency based on the adjustments you just made.
    Hope this helps

15. OH8STN

I'm hesitant to place this link here, but here goes.
    This is the seller that I bought it from
    It says it's out of stock, but I've seen it run out of stock, then get stocked again.
    - It came as registered mail.
    - It was well packaged.
    - it had a tracking number which worked.
    The reason the reviews are all over the place, is there are different versions of the mini 60.
    Also if you can't get it from the seller that I purchased it from you must Ensure that the one
    you order has the Bluetooth module installed the Android software mentioned and an internal lithium battery.
    This seller also communicated with me in English.
    Hope this helps