ad: Schulman-1

We Need Your Help!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5AHN, Apr 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W5AHN

W5AHN Ham Member QRZ Page

At our small local high school with a total of 156 students in grades 9 - 12 - we have an Engineering Class with about 10 students that I help volunteer tutor.

You can read about their activities at the following web sites: http://eldorado-space-cowboys.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Eldorado-S...-Extraordinary-Space-Cowboys-461267087313859/

They are in the running for a $5,000 grant for their work in the Space Program . . . but it is by popular vote.

Can you go to the link below and vote for them and then share the link with your Ham friends and business & family acquaintances to see if you can get them some more votes?

http://www.myfoxzone.com/formula4thefuture

Danny Ray Boyer W5AHN

W2AI, N8DAH, W9LRM and 1 other person like this.
  2. AA0ZB

AA0ZB Ham Member QRZ Page

Done!

3. W5KV

W5KV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Done! Resharing your post on my website :)

Thanks & thumbs up!

4. KI0EO

KI0EO Ham Member QRZ Page

Done.

5. N0YG

N0YG Ham Member QRZ Page

Done Again, and good luck !

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I votated.

7. KJ4ZWA

KJ4ZWA Ham Member QRZ Page

I voted

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Please tell us what you would do with the $5000. For example, do you really expect to spend $5000 on 10 students? What would you do with a lesser amount, from a different source?

What are your plans?

I didn't find any of that on the link.

Thanks!

Chip W1YW

OH2FFY likes this.
  9. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Done!!

--Dan W2AI

10. XE2BY

XE2BY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Done!

11. WA6AM

WA6AM Ham Member QRZ Page

I voted. Wishing you and the crew best of luck.

12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I do want to express an opinion of caution based on a previous 'popular vote' a couple of years back.

That one was sponsored by Pepsi and was for $250,000. There was a vote solicitation on QRZed. Indeed, hams were responsible for the awarding of the money by popular vote (as was my understanding) , which supported research as a follow thru of the late K3TUP.

We did the honorable thing. QRZed was a terrific disseminator.

So let's stop right there: John's work was outstanding and needs to be pushed thru.

Almost 10 years after his death, HOWEVER, that research is in disarray based on HOW MONEY(in part the pepsi money) WAS TO BE SPENT and WHO HAS ACCESS TO IT. So understand that: the patents are about to run out in a very few short years, and that cancer research effort is NOW at a standstill.

In part because the plan on how to SPEND the money was not solidified beforehand (IMO).

So I have no doubt that $5000, here, CAN be spent for the biggest bang for buck--but where will it go? Will it be used to bring in MORE that 10 students? Will it support such 'Sci-tech fun club' efforts for 1 year? 5 years?

Kindly vote based on knowledge and you will get the warm and fuzzies --which is what I look forward to doing once the PLAN is at least spelt out with a minimum of detail.

The buzz-term is 'value proposition'...and we would benefit on some insight on that. This, I am sincerely posing.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    N4GST and K3SX like this.
  13. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

If the work you are referring to what was published in QST for cancer reasearch, I agree it needs to be continued. It sounded very promising. But Chip, why don't you as a successful business man say to the school that you will match half of all donations or even dollar for dollar up to a certain amount. I know you are not made of money but...
    If not then what do you care how the money is spent. It is not yours. Besides, the work I believe that you are referring to has nothing to do with this school.

As for me I voted already

14. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Done, and Good Luck!

15. K5VZD

K5VZD Ham Member QRZ Page

VOTED good luck