ad: k1jek

ICQPODCAST Episode 232- Bitx 40 Part One released

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M1MRB, Mar 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. M1MRB

M1MRB Ham Member QRZ Page

In this episode, Martin M1MRB / W9ICQ is joined by Leslie Butterfield G0CIB, Edmund Spicer M0MNG and Chris Howard M0TCH to discuss the latest Amateur / Ham Radio news. Colin M6BOY rounds up the news in brief, and this episode’s features is Bitx 40 Part One.

We would like to thank Richard Langmead, 5B4AJG and our monthly and annual donors for keeping the podcast advert free. To donate, please visit - http://www.icqpodcast.com/donate

News stories include:-
    • Ham Radio Dummies Books for Schools and Libraries
    • Ham Radio Clubs Encouraged to Innovate
    • Cadet Radio Exercise BLUE HAM 2
    • Comments on ARRL Petition to Allocate New 5 MHz Band
    • Disney Research Demonstrates Open-Air Wireless Charging
    • Hamvention Field Trip
    • NASA Launches Two CubeSats with Transponders
    • St Patrick's Day 2017 Award
    • Radio Hams Celebrate 2MT
    The ICQPODCAST can be downloaded from http://www.icqpodcast.com

upload_2017-3-5_20-22-27.png

VU2EAF and IX1FIT like this.
  2. KK6WPX

KK6WPX Ham Member QRZ Page

I just ordered this radio and I am really excited to put it together. For $60USD, you can't beat it.

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Great episode -- just listened to it at work.

4. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Does the board come assembled or is it a surface-mount solder operation to build it? I looked at the kit online but I couldn't tell if it is assembled but I just plug things into it, or if I'll be soldering the whole thing.

This is really neat. I like my 40m CW Pixie, but it picks up so much BCI and I am not very code proficient--and its a fixed frequency. But this has a LOT more potential.

5. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

All you have to do is plug in and wire the controls, jacks, etc..., and I believe, the VFO / DDS module.

...And of course, power.

K3RW likes this.
  6. KK6WPX

KK6WPX Ham Member QRZ Page

All you have to do is solder some wires to the antenna jack, tuning knob, volume knob, power jack. You do not have to solder anything on to the board. I like the fact that it is not fixed to one frequency and it is ssb. Again, for $59, you can not beat it!

7. W4XDX

W4XDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Its a great peice of kit! Once assembled functions great and can easily be modified in a ton of different ways. Also you can change voltage to finals for 20w out if you want to. The support group is great as well. More like a r&d department than anything else.

NA7RX likes this.
  8. ZL1RD

ZL1RD Ham Member QRZ Page

For Petes Sake.... sooooo much jabbering and so little about Bitx40. How about making the content match the title?

9. KG7NXU

KG7NXU Ham Member QRZ Page

I ordered one too. looks like fun

10. G3ZPS

G3ZPS Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought one to play with and ended up using a seperate DDS. I have worked all around the EU from the UK on 5W..look on http://www.g3zps.com/Other.html The BITX20 yahoo group is vey helpful. Its a fun little rig ! Steve G3ZPS UK

11. KN4OK

KN4OK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just ordered mine. Can't wait either.

12. N3TDE

N3TDE Ham Member QRZ Page

Pictures 017.jpg Pictures 018.jpg Just got one works great easy kit was on

K7LNP likes this.