ad: Halibut-1

AT-D868UV DMR radio update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD0PNQ, Mar 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD0PNQ

KD0PNQ Ham Member QRZ Page

AnyTone, the developer of the new VHF and UHF DMR digital radio, also including full Analog capabilities issued a Press Release a few months ago telling that this new radio would be available in March. Due to several comments from around the world related to this Press Release, the company has been asked to add a few additional features into this new radio - 2,000 channels to allow for all repeaters in major European and American cities to be included in its program. This and other additions are described in the UPDATED Press Release attached hereto. Of course, this has delayed release a few months, but I can assure you that this radio will be worth waiting for.
    See attached Press Release Update for more info.
    Thank you for your understanding and hope you can wait another few months.

Attached Files:

IX1FIT likes this.
  2. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

sounds promising

3. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting, now my question is if it supports DMR roaming.

4. K1MGY

K1MGY Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonder how they are going to implement MOTOTRBO DMR in their repeater... Hmmmm...

N8NVC likes this.
  5. N3KIP

N3KIP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would rather have the radio now and forgo the extra memory channels. Oh, well. Now it's the end of May.

I had assumed it would not do roaming, as only the Motorola and Hytera radios have that, and follow a Motorola protocol for that feature.

73 de N3KIP

6. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The way Hytera do it is purely in the handset, switching between channels in a pool when the signal gets too weak. And you can program the signal threshold level.

So it's not really a big deal to realize but it's very convenient for the user.

7. KB6MAT

KB6MAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Has this radio been released yet...???