ad: TinyPaddle-1

How to use RIT & XIT | SWR Magic| High End Knives K6UDA Radio Episode 43

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6UDA, Feb 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K6UDA

K6UDA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ever wonder what the those strange buttons on the front of your new HF radio do? Dr. Balun explains what the RIT and XIT buttons are for and how to use them. I've got some exciting new products to show off this time and I'm going to show you something completely off topic but very cool.
    EP 43 SWR Magic.jpg

LZ5EE, YO4FKO, VE3REJ and 5 others like this.
  2. KD2GIY

KD2GIY Ham Member QRZ Page

looks like a can of raid. haha RAAAAID !!!

AF6LJ likes this.
  3. W6ERM

W6ERM Ham Member QRZ Page

oh my goodness, I hope swr magic does not harm the environment.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    TI2SSO and AF6LJ like this.
  4. K6UDA

Totally Eco Friendly.

TI2SSO, N4GST and AF6LJ like this.
  5. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That was Cute by the way... :D

W6ERM likes this.
  6. AF6LJ

Sorry I meant to tell YOU that was Cute. :D

7. KE0JJG

KE0JJG Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice! Another steel snob!

I really enjoyed the video, and I'd love to see more of your blades. I don't currently have any mid techs, just a few mid to higher end production blades, favorites among them being the Spyderco Techno, and the venerable Benchmade 710 in D2.

But my coolest new addition to my knife hobby is a Kalamazoo 1 x 42 belt sander. The ULTIMATE blade sharpening tool!

I like the gun reference as well. My current hip rider is a CZ P-07 carried in a Kramer scabbard holster. It rides like a dream.

Keep up the good work on the radio tech as well, of course! I look forward to seeing more of your videos.

K6UDA likes this.
  8. AF6LJ

I have some hand crafted blades, they are for defense....

K6UDA likes this.
  9. K6UDA

It won't kill bugs but as an added bonus it with give your furniture a beautiful lemon fresh shine.

10. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey UDA,

I have set up an experiment here at home. I have a single vertical on 80M with 35 radials and I got the idea working on a centrifugal water pump impeller that radio waves are related to the laws of physics just like water. So, I made an insulated coupling for my vertical (30' un-guyed) on a small 120 rpm electric 1/4 HP 12V motor and feed RF to the vertical via double slip rings. I supposed that centrifugal force might effect the RF based on the motor RPM.

Centrifugal force exits a spinning object at a right angle horizontally to any momentary radius as the motor turns, and the faster the motor turns (up to about 100 rpm) the greater the force exiting the "spin". I took a field strength meter and put it 100 feet from the vertical at 5 high feet and transmitted a test carrier. As I increased RPM, the FS meter showed a corresponding increase in transmitted signal at about 1db per 20 rpm. So at 100 rpm there was a 5db gain shown. Over 100 rpm there was no gain.

Testing it on the air over several months showed an average of ONE S-Unit gain at the receiving station at 100 rpm. So, now I need to do the science and graphs to support my theory mathematically.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    K6UDA and AF6LJ like this.
  11. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Duplicate

12. VE3REJ

VE3REJ Ham Member QRZ Page

13. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

I like DX Spray myself.

AF6LJ likes this.
  14. AF6LJ

I have Coax Accelerator, makes weak signals stronger faster.

15. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a can of something with a wrap on it. You can see part of what's under the wrap poking out at the bottom of the can. This is an April Fools joke in February - right? Furniture Spray with an SWR Magic sticky back label on it maybe? The color (poking out) reminds me of WD-40.