ad: Radclub22-1

Burning Man for hams & old men. It's Quartz Fest - K6UDA Radio Episode 42

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6UDA, Feb 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K6UDA

K6UDA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is Burning Man for hams & old men. My second trip to Quartz Fest but this time, we're checking it out from my DJI Phantom 3. Gordon West WB6NOA is explaining what the big attraction to the Arizona desert is all about. Oh yeah, Elecraft is announcing the winner(s) of the KX2 Giveaway. Are you one?
    Burning Ham .jpg

W5KV, WA6QGH, W5AOX and 2 others like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Burning 'Ham'?

:)

KB2QQM likes this.
  3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Keep your clothes on, please! ;)

KB2QQM likes this.
  4. ZL1PDT

ZL1PDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice on both of the happenings just wish I was there too , Thanks for doing it Bob,
    73, ZL1PDT -NZ

5. K6UDA

K6UDA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't ya wanna see some nekkid old man butt? Don't worry, it aint gonna happen.

KB2QQM and KA0HCP like this.
  6. W2KS

W2KS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ya, ya, absolutely!

7. K7TOM

K7TOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank GOD!

8. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

At 30-some degrees that would be some shriveled butt! :eek:

Congrats to the THREE Elecraft KX2 winners!!

W4ANE likes this.
  9. KD2GIY

KD2GIY Ham Member QRZ Page

nice belt, haha

10. N6EOH

N6EOH Ham Member QRZ Page

11. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

One more year, I think the presentations this year were some of the best. At least they were more varied and probably a third more presentations. I want to thank everyone who did a presentation. I know one gentleman from Albuquerque Bill K8ET did at least eight or nine presentations, all high quality. I've been gone for several years this is the first year my xyl in 02 I was able to attend she was hoping for warmer weather but you never know in January! I was excited to participate in the antenna shootout , my mobile hundred watt Icom 7300 with a scorpion mounted at a 45 degree angle won the mobile hundred watt antenna shootout.
    This was the 20th year, again I want to thank everyone who helped put this on over the years it's a great Gathering of amateur radios top Elite technical people every winter. And I'll see many of you at Dayton at the new location this year.
    It's a great time for RVer of any kind from tents to coaches. The 7155 morning group was well represented and I do want to say hi to all those guys

12. K7SCG

K7SCG Ham Member QRZ Page

My 6th year out there in 2017! I gave a little presentation on RC aircraft, FPV & Drones with Neil W6FOG. Quartzfest gets better every year!

13. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video, I never knew this existed! I want to get into the drone hobby also. Just trying to figure which way too go.....

14. K7SCG

K7SCG Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is another video I did (Drone) from 2016

15. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HEY BOB (K6UDA) did any CIVILIAN (NON-HAMS) COMPLAIN ABOUT RFI/TVI @ "QUARTSITE" DURING THE EVENT??? :)

PS!!! IT JUST GOES TO "PROVE OLD-FARTS" CAN HAVE A HECK OF ALOT OF FUN TOO!!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017