ad: ProAudio-1

Recall Petition for the ARRL Southeastern Division Director is under way.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG4JSZ, Jan 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KG4JSZ

KG4JSZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2017-1-15_12-15-47.png

Recall Petition for the ARRL Southeastern Division Director is under way.

The Issue: Members of the Southeastern Division of the ARRL were told there would be an election for a new director this fall only to have a week later the ARRL declared one individual elected without any explanation or input from the members of the division.

The Proposal: To utilize the “petition for recall of a director” per article 7 of the articles of association of the ARRL. This will give the members of the Southeastern Division a vote on their representation which is been denied. Members can either vote "no" on the removal of the director “declared elected”, making that person the legitimate representative of the division. Or the members can vote “yes” and that person will be removed at which point the president of the ARRL will appoint someone else, the vice director.

We will be gathering signatures at various gathering over the next couple of months. Visit our website and Facebook pages foe locations and discussions:

http://gotvotearrlse.webs.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/110917216081178/

Feel free to download the signing sheet and share with everyone who wants to have a say in their ARRL leadership.

Also consider reviewing “Zero Bias – A CQ Editorial, Election Drama Down South”:

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cq_highlights/2016-cq/2016-12-cq/2016-12-cq-zero-bias.html
    And Doug Rehman’s, K4AC, page with a timeline of events:

http://arrlse.org/

K0BAK, W0PV and (deleted member) like this.
  2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I blame the Russians.

AA8GK, NE1LL, N9PBD and 2 others like this.
  3. WY7RF

WY7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like the ARRL is getting too big for itself.

AC2FO, N2NOV, N0AMY and 11 others like this.
  4. AA5AZ

AA5AZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What the heck did the guy do?

N0AMY and NE1LL like this.
  5. AA5AZ

1 person likes this.
  6. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"the board's Elections and Ethics committee voted to disqualify Rehman on the basis of actions he took following the announcement of the election, a decision that was subsequently ratified by a majority of the full board of directors. The specifics appear to be subject to interpretation, so we won't get into them here, but actually, the specifics are irrelevant in this case."
    CQ Magazine

I think the specifics are important here as to the disqualification of the candidate.. Just saying.

KA0HCP and (deleted member) like this.
  7. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Read the timeline K4AC put together carefully. It's the last link in the OP.

I am an ARRL member from the SE Division, and feel cheated out of my vote. I don't know Mr. Rehman personally, but IMO nothing he has reportedly done seems unethical nor a negative influence for amateur radio. On the other hand, I can perceive that some of his initiatives were for changes and asserted upon many of the entrenched political powers on the League board and in management or their close advisers.

In particular he took a strong position for obtaining independent review of the ARPA legislation, which was snubbed, and then the bill failed to pass. And it failed to pass because of a hold placed on it by a US Senator from a key state in the SE Division!

And elsewhere today it is reported that ARPA has returned as H.R. 555 with IDENTICAL LANGUAGE! Hmmm ...

73 de John - WØPV

KF6BNQ, N2NOV, KA0NRZ and 3 others like this.
  8. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

9. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL is not your friend.

K3RW, KE4TSP, N2NOV and 8 others like this.
  10. AA5AZ

I have never bought into the ARPA legislation. I was wanting to get more involved in our Section and I was pointedly asked my position on ARPA and I said I thought it was a hollow solution to a problem that is better solved by people not moving into a place that hates the practices of the potential property owner. That was the last I've heard from the folks.

KD8OSD, N5KDA, K3RW and 4 others like this.
  11. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ARPA beats a boot to the head from the HOA.

WU8Y likes this.
  12. NX6ED

NX6ED Ham Member QRZ Page

The ARPA bill gives more to power to many, many, many HOAs which currently don't have jurisdiction over antennas. Many HOAs just exist for water or roads in small subdivisions, but with this legislation they would suddenly have power over antennas (which they don't currently have...).

AD0AC and (deleted member) like this.
  13. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

They have been that way for decades.

1 person likes this.
  14. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Does this happen often? I don't usually pay attention to ARRL elections but this year I am.

15. AA5AZ

ARPA does something that our Founding Fathers were absolutely sick and tired of dealing with on a personal level: it allows the Federal government to cancel or alter an existing two-party private contract. The ARRL swears up and down that it doesn't, but when you challenge them to show you how it doesn't cancel or alter private contracts, I've never got much more than stammering. It's unconstitutional because of this. But, that's okay, things that are unconstitutional get passed all the time.

NK2U and (deleted member) like this.