ad: cq2k-1

DVmega D-Star Pi 3 hotspot for dummies

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Nov 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

This is for the users who might not be in range of D-Star repeaters, but would like to join in on the fun.

KE0BBB likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Eric,

Nice video, but please use a directional mike for your audio. The room reverb is distracting.

Info on the kit was very helpful.
    Chip W1YW

ON3ITA likes this.
  3. K7DC

K7DC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, nice video. Don't worry about your audio, it was loud and clear all the way through.

--
    Bob, W7REJ

4. AB9TX

AB9TX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Also, I would highly recommend an anti-static mat and strap when assembling the Pi boards.

1 person likes this.
  5. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got one.. I understand.. Thanks, the latest video i tried it, i think it came out better audio.

6. N2OBS

N2OBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Has an Allstar for Dummies been done?

7. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

sound is good no issues on audio on this video and more videos like this be great idea helper in building some like this.......awesome job..>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. AB9VJ

AB9VJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice video, very informative. Not much Dstar around here yet but we do have Fusion repeaters near by. This would be a good addition to get started.

9. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice video,OM. Thanks .

I would like to learn/ see similar hotspot config with the Motorola Turbo (tm) DMR system.

10. K6FED

K6FED Ham Member QRZ Page

Great addition to the shack if you have a Dstar, dmr or c4fm radio and want to work the digital modes without going thru a repeater. Guus PEIPLM the maker of the Dvmega provides firmware updates that make the DVMEGA work with other modes (dmr and c4fm). To complement the single band uhf dvmega I also have a Arduino uno that I use to update the firmware. The current version is v3.07. http://www.dvmega.auria.nl/index.html

11. W7AZQ

W7AZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job and thanks for spending the time to share with us. Looking to do something as I have moved and no D-Star repeaters in area.

12. BD2XYZ

BD2XYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This need Icom ID-RP2C Support ?

13. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

Odd anyone would spend the $$$ on a dstar or dmr radio without a repeater in their area first

I say use that PI for allstar and enjoy its benefits