4-Land A-Prefix 2x2 Call Sign Pool Exhausted

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AB3MV, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. AB3MV

AB3MV Ham Member QRZ Page

Does any know if the FCC plans to start sequentially issuing W-prefix and N-prefix 2x2 call signs to Amateur Extras in the 4th call district now that the A-prefix 2x2 pool has been exhausted? I really like my current call sign, but I am starting to think about my retirement years. Even though retirement is quite a few years away, I am starting to think about where I may want to retire. Central Maryland is not a retiree friendly place. Delaware and Pennsylvania are fairly low tax states (at least when compared to Maryland), but I would like to get away from snow and ice, which means moving south. Wherever I end up in retirement, I want my call sign to match my call district, and I do not want a recycled call sign (been there, done that).

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

LOTS of call districts are exhausted for 1x2 and 2x2 calls.... been that way for a long time.
    It's pretty competitive to get those "extra" calls - gotta be quick on the draw at the FCC
    Vanity site to get one for sure... I was VERY happy to get my vintage W7UUU 1x3 call
    recently - I date from the era so it seems perfect.

Good luck in your quest - just keep up on the list of available calls... be prepared for a LONG wait though.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Within the mainland US, every call area has exhausted the pool of 1×2 and 2×1 calls, at least for sequential issuance to Extras.

Within the mainland US, only 4-land has exhausted the pool of 2×2 calls beginning with "A". Extras seeking sequential calls in 4-land are now getting 2×2's beginning with "K" from the Class B (Advanced) pool.

4. WW3QB

WW3QB Ham Member QRZ Page

The 2x2 calls with first letter K, N, or W are Group B for Advanced. All the sequential Group A call in region 4 have been issued. The last Group B call subsequently issued was KV4JP, so two letter prefix K's won't last much longer.

5. KA3X

KA3X Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm going to go test in a month for my Extra, so I guess I'll have to think hard if I want to change my call or not.

6. WW3QB

WW3QB Ham Member QRZ Page

Not a problem in zero land. The last Group A call sequentially issued was AD0CV. Lots of calls left.

7. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I sure like my recycled call sign!! :)

8. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

I brought up several 2X2 A prefix calls on the the database from 4 call area.

9. AB3MV

There are no more virgin 2x2 A-prefix call signs in the 4th call district. AK4ZZ was issued on 12/8/2012. As I mentioned in my original posting, I am not interested in a recycled call sign.

10. AB3MV

It will take fifty years to hit AK3ZZ in 3-Land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.