ad: M2Ant-1

3Y0I - Bouvet back

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA8UEG, Feb 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Ive not heard that allegation before about Tom. Could you please back that up?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

I bet there are no snakes on 3Y0.

3. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

You misunderstood.
    I was just agreeing with what you posted relating to his getting ripped off except for his pajamas while in the South pacific.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
  4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don's out of jail and still a ham, now.

Probably too old to do more expeditions.

He was a great CW op, though. I was a brand new ham and not a DXer during most of his escapades, but remember hearing him a few times on CW -- way before "computer sent" code existed, and he was a hot dog on CW.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
  5. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Staff Member Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

If somebody interesting about Don - in https://www.qrz.com/db/OH2BH you can find links to few video "W9WNV in Helsinki" when Don was in Helsinki . For lot of us he still an idol - greatest DX operator from mid 60's.

N6QIC and ZS1DX like this.
  6. K0MB

K0MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had received a request to donate for this smaller expedition, and commented that I did not see the wisdom in TWO expeditions to the same place. I suspect I and many others suggested they select another spot to visit. I'm not sure it was the other expedition per se that asked them to suspend, but I have not read their mail, either!

7. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In retrospect I understand why they would cancel from the monetary perspective, I had a gut reaction to reading that and of course it was third party information. Anyhow, I wish them luck if they are able to try again in 2019 and hope that I can get them in the log on at least one band slot.