ad: KF7PMW-1

3Y0I - Bouvet back

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA8UEG, Feb 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
  1. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What on earth did you have against that poor web server LOL :p You killed it!

3. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One part that really would bother me if it is true:

I don't like the idea that one group would ask the other to cancel, I don't think it would hurt to have both expeditions if both had been possible, plenty of folks to work!

4. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not just about having plenty of people to work. It is about sponsors and financial support. Both DX peditions would likely be asking for financial support and equipment loans from the same rather small group of sources.Hitting the same folks up for $$ for two Dxpeditions at the same time would likely reduce the amount each group would get. These DXpeditions are extremely expensive and while the operators pay a huge amount themselves they cannot self finance the entire thing.

5. WA8UEG

Actually they say they are 100% self funded! Did you see the size of the boat they will be taking?

6. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Seems like some merging of the efforts might be worthwhile but...maybe not logistically.

7. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

A 24m-high seagoing yacht. :eek:

Or is that a 24m high-seagoing yacht?

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Does it have a helicopter for landing or do they have to use a rubber dinghy?

9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

My post and Bill's reply wiped out by a tsunami?

* never mind *
    forum glitch

10. WA8UEG

I'm not sure, I think we will get up to speed once Bernie W3UR is off vacation.
    Unless the whole thing is an early April Fools Joke.