3D2EU Rotuma is now active

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Feb 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB9LUR

WB9LUR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hoping to get some time this weekend to get 3D2EU on 40 CW ... any stateside work them on the lower bands yet?

Randy / WB9LUR

2. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

I keep missing them on 80, seems like they are on for a short time, then off somewhere else. Had good copy on 17 this afternoon, plus 40 meters 7.024 with a smoking signal! Got Rotuma on 40 from previous expeditions. Had hoped for some action on ten but not happening.

3. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2018-2-27_20-4-45.png

KM4SII and WB9LUR like this.
  4. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Got them on 17 CW today. Smokin' into northern WI. Hoping for some low band action.

5. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked them on 15 SSB for a new band country.

6. K0MB

K0MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think we all get a little cocky now and then as we grab an expedition out of what seems like bedlam. But today 3D2EU just amazed me. I was calling just in "hopes" as I could barely hear them on 30m- it was mostly ESP. But then I heard "K0M?" and called again, and he had my call and we made a good exchange. My hat's off to that OP, and I have to say he is a better CW OP than I.

7. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with K0MB... 3D2EU has some FANTASTIC ears! I worked them easily from the east coast on 17m CW with about an S-3 signal. But the one that really surprised me was my 15m SSB QSO: He was just barley in there even though I have absolutely no noise on 15m, but he pulled me out through the west coast guys after only a few calls. Thanks guys for the new one making a happy ham :)

DK7OB and K1XS like this.
  8. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

I just heard them on 30m CW and to my surprise I got them after a few calls with 100 W and inverted V. 6m is the magic band? No, for me it's 30m :) 15000km and it was not the first surprise.