ad: KF7PMW-1

3C0W

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K4LRX, Mar 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7EDC

W7EDC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just got 'em first try, must be all on their end. Great Ears! Goes to show, just because you don't hear anyone, doesn't mean the band is dead.

2. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats!! You got through even quicker then I did :) What band and mode?

3. W7EDC

The XYL and I just got home from work, I thought I would sneak into to radio room real quick.. fired stuff up and saw some waterfall action on the FT991a. I even trying to be quiet ( I think I was supposed to be doing dinner or some stuff like that LOL [just kidding], though I was just below an inside talking voice). Got the home PC up and spotted them on DXHEAT. Guess I could have done that first, there was a long list of contacts with 3C0W, no worries though, I was super happy to get another AF station! Long story short... It was USB 20M :)

KM4SII likes this.
  4. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice!! They have certainly been louder for me on 20m then any other band...

That's where CW comes in handy... pop the headphones on and voila: no-noise DXing :)

Comes in handy when I want to work some DX but I can't annoy my parents across the room with my SSB yacking :D

K1TGX likes this.
  5. W7EDC

I have always wanted to learn the sexy ways of CW, I If was younger I think I could pick it up. I just don't think I have the patience for it ATM... I even tried the fancy kids FT8.. My radio should run it, my PC should run it "Oh just plug and play with the USB".. NOT!, I about threw my PC (never my radio) out the flippin window!!, no matter HOW many youtube videos I watched. I give up. So here I am, simple Upper Side Band 20 meters Phone for me, and happy with it :)

6. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3C0W and XR0YD are both on 18.086 cw right now calling up! I already have the XR0 on that band, still trying for Annobon. 3C is pretty light here now, doubt if they would hear me. But if I called, I wonder which one might answer me LOL

7. KQ9J

Finally got 3C0W yesterday on 30 meters. They were pretty strong here for some time.

W7EDC likes this.
  8. K8PG

K8PG Subscriber QRZ Page

pssssssssss

9. KQ9J

Pileups seem to be thinning out a bit. Got them on 20 CW so hopefully that contact or the 30 meter one make it in the log OK. Celebrating with corned beef, cabbage and potatoes washed down with a few Smithwick's Irish Ales since I had to work yesterday and this morning, it's my St. Patty's day today :D

KM4SII likes this.
  10. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Just worked them on 10m. That was unexpected.

KM4SII likes this.