ad: Tetsuo-1

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K4LRX, Mar 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

What a great CW op, knocking them down at a rapid rate! Be much better if some could understand the word UP!
  2. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope they get an internet connection. I got them on 20M SSB, but it would be nice to see the log. If they don't I guess we'll see.
  3. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Where is Tom, KC0W, when we need him?
  4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Annobon, Cinnabon...mmmmm...Cinnabon...:)
    KQ0J likes this.
  5. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Good ears too! He was S-3 in Hawaii while I am usually two S-units below the other station. Can't imagine how he copied me.
  6. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely! And that's what I really like: (besides his incredible ears) 1. He is calling only complete call signs, no XY? or even XY 599. It's easy to miss these partial calls, so stations keep calling. 2. He is predictable. It's easy to find out and follow his listening pattern, which is quite important for low power stations like me.
    KM4SII likes this.
  7. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with Wolf... These guys are fantastic operators and boy are they putting out a huge signal! Worked them on 20m CW today for a new one and they were 599+40db!! :eek:

Definitely the one of the best, if not the best DXpedition operation I have heard!

73 de KM4SII - Mason
    AB8MA likes this.
  8. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Really big signal! And quite low noise floor. Your new antenna is working very well and surely helped raking in that impressive number of new ones during the last weeks.
    KM4SII likes this.
  9. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Mason, you should tell us more about that delta loop you are using?
    KC8VWM likes this.
  10. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a corner-fed delta loop with a W2AU 4:1 balun. It's cut for 20m, but works great on 17 and 10m too and is not half bad on 15 and 30m with a tuner. The loop is up in a tree about 65 feet off the ground and I live in a rural-ish area so the noise level is very low here :) I just run 100w max, but the loop does all the heavy lifting.

You can't see the loop against the tree, but this is about how it is positioned up in the tree. One of the local hams here helped get it up in the tree with the help of one of those handy-dandy potato guns:

73 de KM4SII - Mason
    KC8VWM, AB8MA and KP4SX like this.