ad: CQMM-1

3.916 Santa Net Kicks off Nov 25th

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KE5GGY, Nov 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KE5GGY

KE5GGY Ham Member QRZ Page

For the 11th consecutive year, The 3916 Nets will be staging The Santa Net on 3.916 MHz. Good girls and boys will be able to talk to Santa Claus, via amateur radio, nightly at 7:30 PM (Central) starting November 25, 2016. The Santa Net will run nightly at 7:30 PM Central through Christmas Eve, December 24, 2016.

Pete Thomson (KE5GGY), of The 3916 Nets, commented on The 3916 Santa Net. He said, "Christmastime is our favorite time of the year on 3.916 MHz. We really enjoy being able to help young people experience both the magic of Christmas and the magic of amateur radio."

santa 224.jpg

Youngsters can talk to "Santa at The North Pole" via strategically placed relay stations who are responsible for relaying in the voice of Santa. Thomson said that The Santa Net is a team effort that involves the efforts of a number of 3916 Net members. He said, "For over a decade, The Santa Net has connected kids from coast to coast with Santa Claus. With this amount of territory to cover, The Santa Net requires the efforts of a number of relay stations. Our relay stations do a super job and really enjoy bringing the spirit of Christmas to the amateur radio airwaves."

Prenet check-ins are welcome each night starting at 7:15 PM central or via email at 3916nets@gmail.com Third party rules and regulations apply.

The Santa Nets are presented annually by The 3916 Nets. The Weather Bunch, The Rag Chew Crew, The Tailgaters, The Freewheelers and The 3916 Late Late Show are all amateur radio nets that meet on 3.916 MHz. For more information on The 3916 Nets, go to http://www.3916nets.com The Facebook page for The Santa Nets can be found at https://www.facebook.com/3916santanet/ For more information on The Santa Net, email KE5GGY at Gmail dot com.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    K1JFJ, N4GST, K9ASE and 10 others like this.
  2. K0CBA

K0CBA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sigh!

AD5CA likes this.
  3. KI7HFH

KI7HFH Ham Member QRZ Page

Will this be available on Echolink ?

KZ6TOD likes this.
  4. KE5GGY

KE5GGY Ham Member QRZ Page

We're only on 3.916 at this point. It will be streamed on the web. 73 Pete

5. K5TCJ

K5TCJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why the sigh?

6. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

I think this is great. And, I most certainly will get my kids involved. Thank you.

KE0EYH, K9ASE and KE5GGY like this.
  7. W4CDO

W4CDO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My chance to get an Icom IC-7300 for Christmas!

W2MJP, KC3EWA, WB1E and 1 other person like this.
  8. WB1E

WB1E Ham Member QRZ Page

It's one of those small things in life that makes so much of a big difference for our little blessed ones, and hopefully and perhaps for the rest of us.

N4GST, K9ASE, KG5ILR and 1 other person like this.
  9. KD8JPM

KD8JPM Ham Member QRZ Page

only if u have been good

W4CDO likes this.
  10. KI4ODO

KI4ODO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll have to listen in some just to hear the kid's reaction to talking to Santa. This is a very good, very cool thing.

11. LB4FH

LB4FH Ham Member QRZ Page

That sounds interesting. I suppose this is mostly a US thing? Could be interesting over here in EU as well.
    Makes me wonder if Santa has APRS tracking on his sled..

12. KA4TLC

KA4TLC Ham Member QRZ Page

What call sign will you be using, my kids talked to Santa many years ago and it was a special call VY1SC (then) and he sent them a Letter (not qsl card) with their name on it I loved the Postal Code he used then HO H0 H0. I dont know if the VY1SC reads this but Many Thanks as my kids loved to brag about talking to Santa on the HAM radio and it was the real one cause they got a Letter from him. 73 Merry Christmas and to ALL A HAMMING GOOD TIME
    GOD BLESS

K7KQA likes this.