ad: TinyPaddle-1

3.916 Santa Net Kicks of Nov 24th

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KE5GGY, Nov 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KE5GGY

KE5GGY Ham Member QRZ Page

SANTA PAINTING 9.jpg
    For the 12th consecutive year, The 3916 Nets will be staging The Santa Net on 3.916 MHz. Good girls and boys will be able to talk to Santa Claus, via amateur radio, nightly at 7:30 PM (Central) starting Friday, November 24, 2017. The Santa Net will run nightly at 7:30 PM Central through Christmas Eve, December 24, 2017.

Pete Thomson (KE5GGY), of The 3916 Nets, commented on The 3916 Santa Net. He said, "Christmastime is our favorite time of the year on 3.916 MHz. We really enjoy being able to help young people experience both the magic of Christmas and the magic of amateur radio."

Youngsters can talk to "Santa at The North Pole" via strategically placed relay stations who are responsible for relaying in the voice of Santa. Thomson said that The Santa Net is a team effort that involves the efforts of a number of 3916 Net members. He said, "For over a decade, The Santa Net has connected kids from coast to coast with Santa Claus. With this amount of territory to cover, The Santa Net requires the efforts of a number or relay stations. Our relay stations do a super job and really enjoy bringing the spirit of Christmas to the amateur radio airwaves."

Prenet check-ins are welcome each night starting at 7:15 PM central or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/3916santanet/ Third party rules and regulations apply.

The Santa Nets are presented annually by The 3916 Nets. The Rag Chew Crew, The Tailgaters and The Freewheelers are all amateur radio nets that meet on 3.916 MHz. For more information on The 3916 Nets, go to http://www.3916nets.com For more information on The Santa Net, email KE5GGY at Gmail dot com.

PU2FAW, KF4IXM, AC7DD and 11 others like this.
  2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THREE CHEERS FOR SANTA.........
    THUMBS UP SMILEY FACE.jpg
    SMILE 73 CANDID CAMERA HAVE A HAPPY DAY.jpg

MM0XXW likes this.
  3. NO2N

NO2N Ham Member QRZ Page

Grandkids love to talk to Santa. Thank you

4. N4ARM

N4ARM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Did this last year. Kids loved it!

5. KK6RPX

KK6RPX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am very much looking forward to this! I am a new ham and I work with developmentally disabled folks and one of them is NUTS for both radio and Santa. We will be checking into the Santa net for sure!

How does it work? Will my buddy get to talk to Santa directly? I just want to make sure I know what to expect before I talk to him about it.

Thanks!

6. N4ARM

N4ARM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, one of the relay stations will get some information and names from you and then they connect you to SANTA! I heard Comet got his general license this year so he may be on too.

7. KK6RPX

KK6RPX Ham Member QRZ Page

Great! Really looking forward to this.

8. LX1FF

LX1FF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

nice page for kids

9. W6GOK

W6GOK Ham Member QRZ Page

I did this several years ago, and have been trying to hook-up with the Santa Net ever since. I think there was a local group that did it on 2-meters, but there was also a 20 meter group that did it. There was a Ham involved that had the background wind sounds of the North Pole, and had Santa's helpers, reindeers, etc. It's great and a lot of fun for the kids and the Ham operators. As N4ARM said above, "The Kids love it!" Let's get together via e-mail or a schedule on the air and "brain storm" ideas to make it even greater this year! Don, W6GOK DontheDandi@yahoo.com

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  10. KC5AKB

KC5AKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great Deal Thanks to the group

11. QRZFAN2

QRZFAN2 QRZ Member

Thank you Did this last year. Kids loved it

12. AJ5TT

AJ5TT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is always a great thing, always enjoyed when my kids were little, several QSO's with WO6T, special call W6S (S for Santa) on 20M. Yes, I know but Santa lives for ever.

KT4RK likes this.
  13. S54MTB

S54MTB Ham Member QRZ Page

14. KD2MSA

KD2MSA Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a 4 year old son and a six-year-old daughter my daughter is always listening when I do DX I showed her your page and she can't wait to talk to Santa Claus can't wait to see their face I will be recording it would love to send it to you guys and thank you guys for making this happen.

15. KD2MSA

KD2MSA Ham Member QRZ Page