ad: CrossCountry-1

20m not boring

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NM7G, Apr 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

By the lack of posts, one would think the solar cycle won and hams pulled the mains switch. Yesterday was anything but boring on 20m near 2100-2230Z. While working on a PC repair, listened for ten minutes to both sides of a CU2 and SoCal W6 QSO. CU2BD was very solid in OR, S6-S7, with slight QSB. 4Z, TA, RT0, YV, VE9, CE2, JA, EA, EA6, HI all readable as well. TA4LYL gave my 100W 559. The CS3B beacon peaked 589.

2. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

There is usually activity even though it may take a CQ on an apparently dead band to generate the activity

3. W7DCM

W7DCM Ham Member QRZ Page

Propagation to South America has been very good lately. I expect it to drop off as the equinox gets further behind us.

4. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

YB0 coming in pretty strong this AM on 20 meters.

5. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

20m CW was good too - got some Russians later in the evening - I think Western hemisphere hams are in the habit of writing off 20m after sunset and never think to check the band

6. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked the 8th call area of China last night on 20M. Just need to work the 6th to work them all.

7. W7DCM

W7DCM Ham Member QRZ Page

I got Germany this morning on 20. Europe ain't exactly easy from my QTH (Arizona) with 100 watts and a wire along with these present conditions. I should set my alarm for earlier and be out there before local sunrise these next few mornings. I've got a few weeks left of sabbatical before it's back to work. Got to get 'em while I can.

8. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Two Mongolian stations were booming in last night on 20 meters. I worked on of them. With a dipole at 35 feet. :)

9. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

0225-0245z 28 April - JA6ZPR on 14054 was 569 here in SW Ala. & working some kind of contest. (I only heard him answering other JA stations)
    I was listening on my Tentec Century-22 with only a 40m OCF dipole up about 20ft.

10. WB5YUZ

WB5YUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

During the month of April, I was active 18 calendar days. On those days I had 37 total QSOs. 28 of those were DX; 15 on 40 and 13 on 20m. Best 20m DX was JH1.

One of my 20m QSOs was with Bill, K5LN, who lives something like 15 miles west of me. His signal was definitely coming in mutipath.