ad: wmr-1

2019 State of the Hobby Results!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N8RMA, Apr 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4MHZ

W4MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was the subject of no less than 4 death threats this year, so that was new and exciting. At least to me - my wife, not so much.

Wow, just wow! One wonders how people like that have made it to the age of majority without being incarcerated or simply mugged to death for their arrogance and aggression. Very sorry to hear you have had to put up with that sort of lunacy, especially from our community. Keep the survey's coming.

N4AAB likes this.
  2. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Statistics are 'slippery' little boogers! By their nature, they are meant to be taken with doses of "salt". Unless a majority of hams participated in this survey, it can not be taken as an absolute. A probable indication? Yep, maybe... but not a "fact Jack!".

3. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

... and those "death threats" just mean you're probably on the right track... maybe

4. W4MHZ

W4MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Statistics are by nature intended to extrapolate from a minority of samples; inferences about the nature of the group sampled. Now in this particular case what he has reported are not "statistics" in the true sense of the word. He does not make inferences from the data he reports. He simply reports the data. His sample set is quite large and very likely a reasonable representation of the true numbers.

5. K0IP

K0IP Ham Member QRZ Page

why haven't the novices upgraded, well because they are IDIOTS