ad: ProAudio-1

2019 Dayton Hamvention Chairman Appointed

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Jul 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W8HJR

W8HJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Planning for Hamvention 2019 is officially underway with the appointment of General Chairman Jack Gerbs, WB8SCT, by the Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA) board of directors. Gerbs served as assistant general chairman for the 2017 and 18 Hamventions.

Ron Cramer, KD8ENJ, 2017-18 Hamvention General Chairman, said, "Jack worked very closely with me the last two years and is very familiar with all aspects of Hamvention. He was a big help during the move and is well prepared to continue making Hamvention better each year."

Gerbs thanked Cramer for helping him prepare for the position. "Ron kept me well informed and included in all the major decisions while adapting to Hamvention's new home. I look forward to building on the solid foundation he set."

Cramer, who was elected DARA president last month, said he will continue to be available to help in any way that he can. He said that Gerbs’ first official act, selecting Rick Allnutt, WS8G, as Assistant General Chairman, has created a strong leadership team for 2019.

Allnutt's Hamvention experience included serving on the Awards Committee for several years and as International Relations Chair for 2018. He said he looked forward to working with Gerbs and the entire Hamvention team.

Most of the 2018 committee chairs have agreed to continue for 2019, Gerbs said, adding that having an experienced team makes his job as General Chairman easier and should provide visitors with an even better Hamvention 2019.

Both Gerbs and Cramer said that Hamvention would not be possible without the more than 700 volunteers who put in many hours to make Hamvention 2018 the success that it was.

Hamvention 2019 will be held May 17 - 19 at the Greene County Fairgrounds and Expo Center in Xenia, Ohio. For more information go to www.hamvention.org.

KY4DCH and WA4KFZ like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats to Jack!

KY4DCH likes this.
  3. W8KHW

W8KHW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A great man for the job, congratulations Jack!

Kevin
    W8KHW

KY4DCH likes this.
  4. NI8N

NI8N Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations Jack. I'm glad to see a CWOps CW Academy student make good!
    73, Jack, NI8N

KY4DCH and W1YW like this.
  5. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

time to change things in life for HAMs...MAke the big convention rotate to each state so more HAMS get to go and not the same ole same ole like it has been... very easy each state at each state fair grounds simple as that....start with a drawing to 50 states placed in a bowl and pull out the first 10 for the next 10 years planning and go from there.

KY4DCH likes this.
  6. CE3WIT

CE3WIT QRZ Member

Congratulations to the organizers of this great big event, this year 2018 I was happy to be there. Thanks from Chile Jose Guillermo Vergara CE3WIT. 73 Cordials

KY4DCH likes this.
  7. WA4KFZ

WA4KFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations Jack!! I'm so looking forward to next year.

KY4DCH likes this.
  8. WA4KFZ

WA4KFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not feasible to do this. Hamvention utilizes almost 700 volunteers that live in and around the Dayton, OH area. I can't see trying to replicate such a large-scale effort for just one year, then start over when the event moves to another state.

KY4DCH and KU4X like this.
  9. A61EK

A61EK Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations Jack!

KY4DCH likes this.