ad: CQMM-1

2017 Route 66 On The Air 9/9 to 9/17, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W6CJL, Sep 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FINALLY!!! W6L is on the air. Pileup isn't as bad as I expected. Only took about 20 minutes. Most likely because it's middle of the afternoon. That's all of them.

2. K9DOD

K9DOD Ham Member QRZ Page

W6D was impossible for me last night. I had a good signal from her for quite awhile, but I wasn't able to get through to her. Eventually she just faded into the noise.

I was having the same sort of luck with W6L today (including someone bleating CW on the frequency, and keying down for extended periods of time). I finally switched over to my G5RV and got picked up on my second call.

Four more left to go.

3. N5TWB

N5TWB Ham Member QRZ Page

I just did a 3-hour run as W6L on 20 meters and logged 211 stations. I'll be back after supper to check to see if the noise on 40 has gone down and go for another run either there or 20mtrs.

4. K2DFC

And we thank you. You gave many of us the last one needed for the event.

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

MY radio club meeting tonight gets over around 8 or so. Hope U are still on as I will have a big signal out of the West Coast to try and nab U.

N5TWB likes this.
  6. K9DOD

K9DOD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks! It's been a really fun event.

K9ASE likes this.
  7. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

he's back 7.271

8. N5TWB

I'm an early riser so I might give 80mtr. a try around 1000UTC and work grayline up the bands to see what kind of crowd I can gather before I have to leave for some work meetings.

9. K2DFC

The idea is to work 80 for the close in stations, not to work the same stations you can work on 20 or 40. Last night many were asking for 80 because they were to close to work you on 40.

10. N5TWB

Understand that - 80 will get coverage through the rest of the event.

11. N5TWB

Well, so much for that plan - woke up in time but my stomach didn't want to cooperate. Getting better now so I'll give it a go in a short while.

12. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Saw W6L listed on 40 but he is under a Chinese Broadcast station, SOL!!! Will be on tonight with all out push to nail my remaining 6. Is W6U a valid station? Have seen no spots for him at all, but website says he is in Wilmington,IL. Maybe that one got canceled. If so, then I am only 5 out. Got W6A last night after the radio club meeting.
    COME ON, W6C, W6D, W6E, W6L, and W6O!!!!

13. K2DFC

W6U was on 40 last night. Spots show between 0115 to 0216z

14. N5TWB

Called you while I was on 40m last night when I was working by the numbers and I was doing 6s. I got a few on 40 this morning before I had to head off to some work meetings.

15. W6VMX

W6VMX Ham Member QRZ Page

Pat, Just 4 to go for a sweep. Hard to bust those pile ups with only 80 watts into my G5RV or the Cobweb, but got another day to get D, F, I, and L.........