ad: MLSons-1

2017 Dayton Hamvention® Site Preview - Oct 5, 2016

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Oct 18, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WD4IBQ

WD4IBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

good

2. W8QZ

W8QZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope that the parking areas don't turn into a 'sea of mud' when (not if) it rains!

3. WA4EE

WA4EE Ham Member QRZ Page

Good to see that POW/MIA flag flying!
    Curious about local lodging and if any Hotel/Motel's will be offering special Hamvention rates..... Look forward to being there!

4. KI5IO

KI5IO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Does/did the quad copter operator have the necessary FAA license to operate same?

5. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

KI5IO, yes he does. He also has his license number on the side of the quad copter.

6. WA4KHN

WA4KHN Ham Member QRZ Page

We'll be there. Still hoping for more details on flea market. Guess being on grass will be better than raw sewage floating around. Heard video recommendation to hope for good weather. We always do, but have had rain last several years on at least one day. Should be fun on grass. How is weather in Xenia? Tents sound problematic. Do they ever have severe weather - like twin tornadoes or anything?

7. KE0BTV

KE0BTV Ham Member QRZ Page

"Do they ever have severe weather - like twin tornadoes or anything?" They have been known to have tornadoes. We were living in the area back in the mid-70s when half of Xenia was blown away.

8. KI5IO

KI5IO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent. I only ask as I'm very aware of the "suggested" rules for operating same. I'm still doing some home inspections (I'm a Texas licensed Professional Inspector) and we get swarmed with such technology and many "less than ethical" inspectors who jump in for the sake of making a buck ... damn the rules.

BTW - the video was very good.

9. K9FW

K9FW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If it is a wet spring, will the on grass parking be muddy?

Al K9FW