2 meter propagation experiment

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT, Jul 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Any idea / impetus to generate 2 m activity on various modes is a good thing :cool:

The old adage " Use it or Lose it " has recently elevated concern in the UK :(

G3SEA/KH6

PA3JEM, K8MGV, KJ7OG and 1 other person like this.
  2. KB0MLR

KB0MLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Do us all a favor and keep that 2m turned off. Hit it with a hammer just be be sure.

WQ4G, K2EZ, KK6NOH and 3 others like this.
  3. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

I work SSB DX every day on 2# meters on our SATELLITES !!! & a lot of different grids, SOTA & other events ! The best way to make contacts on any band is not just listen but TRANSMIT ! 73' KI6PMD..

PA3JEM, WQ4G, KE5ES and 4 others like this.
  4. KA9UCE

KA9UCE Ham Member QRZ Page

He should be in the Phoenix area, 2M is used daily, and even with the repeaters available, there is activity on most of them, day and night, not to mention 70CM.

Our club machines are linked, and we have active fusion users on UHF, and we are also actively building and operating a wide area MESH network to cover the entire valley some day.
    www.superstitionarc.org
    WB7TJD club call sign.

PA3JEM likes this.
  5. KA9UCE

KA9UCE Ham Member QRZ Page

6. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

I just scan the FM satellites like any other two meter frequency and when they come over I work them.
    There is lots of activity on evey pass, it's just that easy. I don't need any special tracking programs or antennas, I use a vertical.
    Each one of my mobile also have the FM satellites programmed into them, and I do the same thing scan and it's like a band opening when they come over.

K8MGV likes this.
  7. K2EZ

K2EZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I know, WW7D/R up that way has beaten me out many times

K3RW and PA3JEM like this.
  8. N1DUN

N1DUN Ham Member QRZ Page

clublog.org refuses to accept any password I choose or generate to create an account. Tried with 5 different emails too. Booooo.

9. KI7SNW

KI7SNW Ham Member QRZ Page

I know what you mean. I recently traveled to Kentucky, and 2 meter was very active there. Here in Montana, it is rare to find anyone on simplex. Even so, I can have some fun with satellites. 73

KD2KOS and PA3JEM like this.
  10. WP4JD

WP4JD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We use the 2m band on a daily basis in PR and we don't just use it for useless chat. We have NET programs 5 days a week with instructional information being provided to the radio operators. It is also used on programs to foment the practice of new licensees on the net. And we also have 15 repeaters hooked up on a couple of association's net, which are very useful to maintain communication throughout the island and even communicate with neighboring islands. WP4JD

PA3JEM likes this.