ad: Retevis-1

14300 is a busy net freq

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KI4HRY, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am listening to 14.300 right now. Long silences except for the contester at 14.299. Finally somebody calls for check-ins, and nobody checks in. Long silence again and another call for check-ins, none heard so NC decided to read the weather report. I believe he is trying to QRM the station on 14.299 :eek: Hey! They finally got a check in!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Hope I made it.... IB4Tl

Lee
    NI7I

3. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Hope I made it... IB4TL

Lee[
    NI7I

QUOTE=KI4HRY;2502835]:mad: 14300 is a busy net control freq it runs 7 days a week 365 days a year here is the web addy so you can look and see what we doPLEASE do not use it for contest calls 14300.net........73's KI4HRY[/QUOTE]

4. N0WYO

N0WYO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Someone has been trying to do something similar on 14.275 for years.

5. W4AFB

W4AFB Guest

[video=youtube;wIakXsHpCp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIakXsHpCp4[/video]

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Quite time

This is the kind of thing that ruined the 14.313 net years ago.

People thought that they owned that frequency, listen to it today. Operators did not like it.

We all need to work together, and not expect to OWN any frequency.

Maybe the FCC will work out a deal and you can buy 14300.

We may just loose it all if radio operators do not clear up their act. Makes me sick just to listen to all the BS.

Maybe a FCC quiet time is in order.

I vote YES...

7. N8MSA

N8MSA Ham Member QRZ Page

And yet somehow we all survived...

8. WW7F

WW7F Guest

Let me guess Steve, was the check in another net control operator,LOL?;) 73 BTW like the animated icon what did you use to create it:)? thanks, and 73,Michelle:)

9. KA9MOT

Haw! He said huevos! How do you s'pose he wants his eggs?

10. KA9MOT

I don't know who the check -in was. I could not hear anybody, and as I type that I realize what that might imply. As to the emoticon, I did a google search for animated emoticon and saw him and thought he would best describe this need I have to be a smart alec, so I stole him (not really, they let you have them).

This one might work here:

[​IMG]

11. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're gong to post videos about the MMSN, don't forget this one:

[video=youtube;GIm14Jk12nI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIm14Jk12nI&sns=em[/video]

Take to the system!

[​IMG]

12. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

IOW, it's going to take a woman to stop all these out-of-hand contesters. Makes sense to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.