ad: ProAudio-1

13 COLONIES SPECIAL EVENT

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KU2US, May 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sure Ken is swamped about now. Mail is coming in by the WHEELBARROW!!! He is Valiantly working thru it and your cert will be here before you know it.!!!

KF5RRF and K2HAT like this.
  2. N8SAN

N8SAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you! I'm SURE he is! Thank you for your response. I can't imagine how many he gets!
    Even my wife when she checks the mail, "AWWWW It didn't come today!" haha

I'll go back to relaxing!

3. KQ4MM

KQ4MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Received mine yesterday. packaged very nice and done very well...Worth the wait. So far have about 1/2 of the state QSL cards as well.

4. N8SAN

Did you just QSL to the main address for each state?
    For instance K2J is
    13 Colonies Special Event - North Carolina
    310 Cruse Road
    Salisbury, NC 28146

5. KQ4MM

I looked at the Biography page for each call sign and followed the instructions where listed...

So for K2J I used these instructions;

QSL requests for the 2017 event should be directed to Tommie, N4YZ (QSL Manager) at his QRZ address.

Which directed me to QSL direct to;

N4YZ

TOMMIE L WOOD
    310 CRUSE RD
    SALISBURY, NC 28146
    USA

Which I actually received yesterday and happens to be the same address as the K2J page.. Not all were the same address

6. N8SAN

Ahhh got it. Makes sense. Helps if I read the whole thing huh?! :oops:

7. KQ4MM

Well to your defense it wasn't glaringly obvious one should do that much digging as we are usually accustomed to just looking at the detail page and running. I just happened to look at the bio pages and started to notice that some were using a different means.

8. N8SAN

I guess that's true.

I did all the digging and put together a little document. I'm SURE this is far to late to matter, but if someone, like myself was slow on this print it out and cut out the address and tape to the envelope.
    Obviously all stations require SASE.
    These are not in order.
    13ColQSL.JPG

9. KQ4MM

Very nice, that would have sped things up here ... There might be a few that still can use that ...

10. N8SAN

Yeah, if not, I had to make it for myself anyway. My hand writing is atrocious. If anyone else can use it, it was worth it!

11. KF5RRF

KF5RRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As I recall, it took a couple of months before I received mine, last year. Patientence. :)

12. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Printed out the certificate form but haven't mailed it in yet. Got the cards some years ago and haven't asked for any recently.

13. N5MEF

N5MEF Ham Member QRZ Page

Why am I and many other hams still waiting on our 2016 card Paul, after phone calls and certified mail to you?

14. N5MEF

N5MEF Ham Member QRZ Page

If anyone requested a 2016 K2L QSL card with a SASE and did not received one (perhaps after several inquiries), contact Ken Villon KU2US. He will send you a card. I just got mine today after 2 years.