ad: Radclub22-1

13 Colonies Special Event - Fail! Rant ....

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KE4OH, Jul 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

You are STILL whining!!!!!

2. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

Dennis,

I think you are getting Jonathan (KL1T) confused with me (KE4OH). I'm the one who is STILL whining. Jonathan is only now just beginning to whine...

73, Steve KE4OH

K1TGX and KY1K like this.
  3. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, I started whining in post #3...

KE4OH likes this.
  4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

ERR, Steve, I really don't understand your statement.
    CLEARLY I said IF someone sends me a paper QSL, then I would reply. then you go off on some tangent about "But if you didn't, why in the world would I want to...blah, blah, blah".

5. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't use paragraphs well, I guess. On the one hand, I'm gratefully acknowledging you personally for providing a QSL (upon request) for the special event you were involved it.

Then my tangent entered the picture! It was not directed at you. I was describing a scenario where no proper QSL is available for for working a special event station. In which case, there is no incentive for me to work that special event.

Hey, I said at the beginning that this was a rant!! That implies emotion and at least some level of nonsense...

73, Steve KE4OH

6. W2WDX

W2WDX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have an idea ... Let's stop contesting altogether, save the airwaves from pointless communication, setting aside good operating practice; and instead have conversations, and stop chasing awards. If you have nice conversation with someone, send them your QSL card. If an SWL sends you an email or snailmail, send them your QSL card. If you make 10 gazillion contacts, say nothing, and learn nothing ... don't rant or rave or whine. And QSL management only exists because people are chasing these pointless contacts. The guise of testing for emergency traffic .... sorry I don't buy it. I mean there are now clubs who exist for the sole purpose of winning contests, and don't even have ARES members. It's now a rationale, not a reason.

No contesting and this thread wouldn't exist.

Ha! .... Now there's a REAL rant!

K4AGO and WF7BSR like this.
  7. WA4BCS

WA4BCS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like Burt!

W5BIB and KP4SX like this.
  8. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sure it was not a scam. 73 John K4AGO

9. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Then why would they update the QRZ page AFTER the event? I'm sure they knew no paper QSL cards would be sent BEFORE the event!

10. W2WDX

W2WDX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not to go off-topic ... but ...

Really?! That coming from someone with the most offensive vanity call I have ever seen. Dude ... dat's just wrong!! :)

WN1MB likes this.
  11. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

A rant on logging and QSLing. Two dead pastimes!
    Followed by a rant about an offensive call..... a reference to civility. Another dead pastime!

12. WB4M

WB4M Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not really, 13 Colonies is NOT a contest.

K4XJ, K5VZD and KA2FIR like this.
  13. K4VBB

K4VBB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey, at least you guys made contact with K2B. I tried every mode/band available and it was the only station I couldn't work.

14. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You guys realize you're replying to a thread about LAST YEAR'S event, not the 2019 event, right? ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  15. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

have the colonies changed since then? :D