ad: AbAuRe-1

100 Watts and a Wire: Episode 71 is posted.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0STH, Nov 7, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K0STH

K0STH Ham Member QRZ Page

In this historic week in American history, we elect a new President, celebrate Walter Cronkite, KB2GSG [SK], and rest assured this show will not make it to the broadcasting archive in Washington, D.C. Be that as it may, Christian home brews, hangs and tunes an 80M dipole. Plus, Steve, WA5SAT introduces us to an upcoming DXpedition with two possible DXCC entities. All of this and more on this episode of 100 Watts and a Wire.

http://100wattsandawire.com/100-watts-and-a-wire/episode71

+++++

100 Watts and a Wire ® is a weekly podcast celebrating amateur radio. Join Christian Cudnik, K0STH for topical conversation, interviews, news and an entertaining look at the adventures of a ham trying to figure it all out.

100 Watts and a Wire is perfect for those who are new to ham radio, those looking to serve as Elmer’s, and the technically curious crowd.

Whether you run 5 watts or 1500 watts, everyone is welcome. In our community, it's OK not to know everything, ask for help, give advice and get on the air.

Visit 100wattsandawire.com for more information. You can subscribe to the show by clicking the RSS feed. Or, by using podcast apps like, iTunes or Stitcher.

iTunes: goo.gl/G4ODJc
    Stitcher: goo.gl/X3hrsa

Calling Frequencies: 14287 and 7180

Our NET happens Thursdays at 8p Central on 7.180 [+ or -].

W1PIT, W9LRM, KI9W and 3 others like this.
  2. 9Y4EPH

9Y4EPH QRZ Member

9y4eph following

3. N3YKF

N3YKF QRZ Member QRZ Page

Activate two entities? There is a place to do three in one shot. It's on my list.

Just took the gear to Tobago (fk91), Suriname (gj06), Guyana (gj15, 25) and Panama (zero contacts) via satellite.

Tried four, got three this trip. Survived the attempt. On HF from Suriname. Currently two active hams in country. Number of hams there triples during a contest.

Suriname is a return again.

Listen directionally!

4. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi!

In July 2011, Bill NZ5N worked satellites from the Austria/Hungary/Slovakia border tripoint, activating 3 DXCC entities at one time. Bill wrote about it, and posted some photos, at:

http://www.qsl.net/nz5n/border.htm

Bill worked a few stations on both sides of the Atlantic from that spot on an AO-7 pass, and more Europeans on other satellite passes.

In July 2010, I worked the AO-27 and AO-51 satellites from the Peace Arch, on the Canada/USA border south of Vancouver. I used both of my call signs WD9EWK and VA7EWK, as I had one foot in Canada (British Columbia) and the other in the USA (Washington state), next to a border marker in the park around the arch.

This is a video made from audio recorded during the AO-51 pass I worked, along with photos I took that afternoon:

Unlike most points on this border, visitors are free to walk across the border within the park around the Peace Arch, as long as the leave the park from the direction they entered. Otherwise, a stop at Customs is required. Two US Customs agents walked by me while I was on the border with my radio and antenna, and only said "hello" in passing.

73!