ad: elecraft

10-Meter RTTY Contest - Dec 4 2011 (Sunday) - 0000Z to 2400Z

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by AA8IA, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. AA8IA

AA8IA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A new RTTY contest is premiering this coming Sunday. Everyone works everyone. And, this is a 10-meter only contest.

Details available here: http://www.rttycontesting.com/the10meterrttycontest/rules.html

For those of you who operate in the Tara RTTY Melee, this contest starts immediately after the Melee ends. That makes for another full weekend of RTTY fun.

According to the website, the exchange is the same exchange as you use for the Tara RTTY Melee and you can use the ARRL RTTY Roundup contest module in your logging program. The website also says this is a low-power (100w max) contest. Read the rules, and get on 10m!

Mike

2. W3DO

W3DO Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not had my radio on this week in daylight hours, but I predict that you are going to have a hard time making many contacts on the 10 meters right now because the band conditions are not at a high state right now.

Since all effective communications is line of sight and anything other then LOS requires the right solar and atmospheric conditions - it will take a miracle for someone in my area of the country to make more then a couple of contacts or to talk more then 100 miles , regardless of how much transmit power you have, or how big your antenna is.

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Who's sponsoring this contest?# I'll be popping in, if the band's open at all. :)

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like we'll have some goo props today. :)

5. NI3K

NI3K Ham Member QRZ Page

Wake up Rip van Winkle! Are you kidding????

6. AA8IA

10m hasn't been as good this week as it was for a month or so prior to this, but it still has been open. I worked a bunch in the TARA Melee, and I had gotten a very late start.

Your area of the country is my area of the country [and in fact, likely a hair better towards EU]. If I'm making contacts on a dipole up 30', then i'm sure you could too. Of course, if you are just going by the predictors (A/K/SSN) and aren't actually turning on the radio, it stands to reason you aren't going to make any contacts. I'd rather turn the radio on and find out for myself.

Mike

7. AA8IA

Given the start time, I didn't expect too many opportunities being that I'm on the east coast. Heck, it was already dark for most of the US. Tomorrow is another day though, and I'll wager it should be a fun time.

rttycontesting.com is the sponsor. I have no doubt the participation will be great as long as ole sol cooperates.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.