ad: chuckmartin

10 meter contest today

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K4MOE, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K4MOE

K4MOE Ham Member QRZ Page

How do I sign up for this? I've never done this before.

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't need to sign up...you just need to keep logs. Read the contest rules for the proper exchange.

Eric

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KC5FM

KC5FM Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not see a 10-meter contest listed.

If there is one, the sponsor would list the rules.

You might look at 10-10 Net and ARRL. Both have 10-meter contests next month.

Hope that helps.

5. KE6IIJ

KE6IIJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I would be curious too, 10 meters has been open lately, into the evening hours.

6. K4MOE

Well thanks everybody for helping me out.

After a couple of hours on the web I finally figured it out myself. It's good to be a new Ham operator, and having all that support.

7. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't sign up for a contest. You just operate in it. While various contest sponsors have information about their contests, the WA7BNM Contest Calendar shows information for ALL major and many minor contests. This weekend didn't have any contests that are specific to 10m. This weekend, we had ARRL Sweepstakes Fone, on 160/80/40/20/15/10m.

If you make more than a handful of contacts, it's a good idea to submit a log to the sponsor. Depending on the contest and the number of contacts you make, you may be required to submit an electronic log file.

8. K4MOE

I just have 2m and 10 meter radios to use now, and I did hear about the 10 meter portion of the ARRL Sweepstakes while talking with an operator on 2 meters.

Kind of funny that I just got all these replies 10 minutes ago. I wonder why the QRZ forum took so long to post them.

I did my own research and did find the rules for this particular contest, and made some contacts. I know this much; I prefer not to be a contester. I didn't enjoy it during the last field day, and I didn't find it to my liking this go round either. Maybe someday I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.