ad: Radclub22-1

10 m contest is on

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KG4BKS, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA6TRF

KA6TRF QRZ Member QRZ Page

The band opened up later today and I ended up with 30 contacts using my HTX-100 @25w and dipole (inverted V @ 90 degree pitch three feet off roof) including Washington, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Brazil, Mississippi, Michigan, & local Colorado. It was fun!:D

2. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member QRZ Page

I checked 10 meters during the weekend and it was "dead". However, I turned the radio on during the last 40 minutes of the contest and made a number of contacts (15) to 4 and 5 land. IZJ, you weren't one of them?

3. N4DXI

N4DXI Ham Member QRZ Page

10 meter contest

Friday night, no signals, none, nada

Saturday: worked CW, N4UU, 50 miles north of me, only signal heard consistantly over the weekend. Then a local 25 miles south, another local 75 miles north east, then nothing. But wait, weak signals....its Virgin Islands. QSL. Then nothing.

Sunday: Nothing, Bam! Brazil, then Argentina, then Galapodis Is, more Brazilians, finally USA, two K0's: KS and NE. Then nothing.

Big score of 16 QSO's, most DX.

Some contest! Best score ever...but then again, it was my first ARRL 10 Meter Contest.

73....John Bescher, N4DXI

4. KC9QJV

KC9QJV Ham Member QRZ Page

I had listend to various freqs on 10m during the contest and couldn't make much thru the static could tell there were ppl there though

5. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

28400 to 28500 is the likely range during low SS years. Of course, 28000 to 28045 on CW.

6. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a whopping 4 contacts on 10 meters. That was with about an hours worth of work.

All of them 6 landers. They seemed happy to get Wyo in the log. All of that with 200 watts and a 4 el beam at 50 feet.

The clusters were looking good for east and west coast but NADA here.

Glad I could get WY a little presence on the band.

Brad

7. KI4OYF

KI4OYF Ham Member QRZ Page

I did make 10 contacts with a small radio shack 10 meter mobile in my pickup truck sitting in my driveway.
    First was to a gentleman in Canada liked to passed out when he came back to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.