ad: MyersEng-1

10 m contest is on

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KG4BKS, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB1FUA

KB1FUA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

10m Contest....

Mine's on...its on...I swear!!

2. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Band is dead in Houston TX

I am calling on 28 019 and hear NOTHING!

3. KB1FUA

KB1FUA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothin on 10 here in IL, that I can hear...10 is dead!

4. K2ER

K2ER Ham Member QRZ Page

Just completed 28 QSO's before dinner this evening. NJ, NY, CT, MA, MD. Mostly weak and most within a stone's throw. A couple even with neighboring towns, literally a couple of miles away.

Still, for some reason it was almost as much fun as battling a pile-up to reach some guy on a random island somewhere... almost as much fun. ;)

DX is DX I guess - it's defined by conditions, not necessarily distance!

5. VK4PDW

VK4PDW Ham Member QRZ Page

Put the beam up yesterday, got the paper work printed ie Log, application ect ect ect, tested on air......all ok for the 10m Contest bring it on.
    Woke up this morning nothing 6hrs later.......nothing, nothing but static. dam thous propargation gods.

6. VK4PDW

:confused::confused:
    Nothing here in Brisbane Australia, listerning for 6hrs to static across the bands, I'll turn the beam to USA and put out a call on 28.400, never know.

7. K4YPS

K4YPS Ham Member QRZ Page

10 meters is hopping!

8. K2ER

K2ER Ham Member QRZ Page

The band here in NJ was very dead all day Saturday. But between 0230-0530Z there was an opening and I worked, as did others, many stations in my half of the USA.

MN, WI, IA, OH, MI, IL, MO, IN, KS, NE, KY, TN, CO, VA, NC, GA, AL, FL, NY, CT, MA, PA, NJ, ON were all heard and worked. That's 24 states/provinces! My setup was just 100W and an inverted vee dipole cut for 28 MHz with the apex up at about 20'.

Interestingly, most of these stations were barely audible and definitely not workable on my normal multi-band antenna, a 135' doublet up 40 feet! The simple resonant dipole beat it big time!

9. KA6TRF

KA6TRF QRZ Member QRZ Page

I only have 12 contacts so far here in Colorado Springs. Most are locals but I did get 2 from Washington and 1 from Louisiana. No power or beams, just dipole and HTX-100 at 25 watts.

10. K5DXX

K5DXX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have made 8 contacts on 10 meters.

All of them are locals.

Trying so hard to hear something..

:eek:

11. W6ONV

W6ONV Ham Member QRZ Page

Over the last few days I have logged 65 contacts: WA, ID, MT, OR, CA, AZ, CO, WY as well as AB, BC and XE. Been pleased so far...

12. KB2PSA

KB2PSA Ham Member QRZ Page

10 meter propagation

28.480 SSB good activity all day here in Pennsylvania

13. VK4PDW

Well my fellow Ham Operators, its 0911EST here and it alls over for me...........nothing out of Brisbane other than 3 contacts.
    A VK8 was doing very well, my contact number was 119 and he was still busy taking calls well after my contact.
    Oh well see you next contest out of VK4.

Cheers and all the best to you all your and familys for Christmas and News years.

73's Paul

14. VK4PDW

Oh yeh forgot to mention.
    Dont forget about our 100yr Cellerbration contest next year, VK100WIA. Its on WWW.WIA.ORG.AU for more information, special QSL card ect.
    As the contest manger for our club we are very much looking forward to all the contacts and we also have a special project that will be avaliable to everyone as well if we can get it going, more to follow on this one.

Cheers Paul.

15. W5HL

W5HL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well... just playing around with a 75/20M dipole (both fed at same point with coax) and tuner to get on 10M I had 33 contacts in 14 States and Ontario. Last night and this evening CT to midwest was open. Also a few in the south (GA and FL)

I need to work on a better antenna for 10M but had fun with what I have :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.