10-10 Club still functioning?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by W4POT, Jan 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

OK...sounds like they don't want new members.:confused:

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

No, you should have just complied with the written guidelines.

The instructions are simple and easy to follow.

The contact information MUST be received via RF by your equipment. No "relays" , "fills", "Bang Bang 22" ect. are accepted.
    Looking it up on QRZ doesn't count.

You acknowledged that you used an online service to provide you with the information.

Sounds to me like the Membership coordinator did their job properly.

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

OK...so it's not just the contacts themselves, there is more. Fair enough.

FT8 contacts are out of the question then, or at least a bit more complex by using the free text box.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  4. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Vince,

That is correct - using the free text box is how I exchange my final bit of info with 10-10 or prospective 10-10 members:

'Mark NJ 77596'

Regarding the denial due to database issue referenced by another person - this usually arises when a) the Name submitted is for a prior owner of a call sign, not the current 10-10 member or b) the Name submitted is not the one the 10-10 member normally provides (Someone submits the name 'Robert' when the member always uses his nickname 'Bucky' in exchanges).

I encourage anyone interested to keep trying - 10-10 has published a video on how to complete a 10-10 QSO using FT-8 on our website (https://ten-ten.org/ft8-howto-video) not only for prospective members, but to remind existing members how to properly provide their 10-10 information.

Best regards,

Mark