10-10 Club still functioning?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by W4POT, Jan 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Propagation on 10M is almost non-existent right now, this is why.:D

Apply again when the new 11 cycle is in full swing.;)

2. KZ4KX

KZ4KX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In July I have made 44 contacts on 10 meter ft-8, cw, rtty and ssb so it's not completely dead. And I don't plan on applying again.

3. VA3VF

Hopefully you saw my post as a good natured joke. I know 10M is not totally dead, I have contacts on the band from last week I think.

How it was determined that you got the callsigns and numbers from a database would be interesting to know.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, 10-10 is still functioning, but ten meters isn't.

5. KZ4KX

Well, I'm not sure. I used the names from qrz pages of contacts, that may be it I'm not sure. Some contacts were digital so "on air names" as the reply mentioned were not used. I'm not going to sweat over it, I just wanted a number for the fall cw contest. Guess I sit that one out.

6. VA3VF

Like contesters say, log what you heard.;)

I'm sure you won't miss much with the current prop. Try this one instead:

https://ww-digi.com/

7. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

That makes sense, 10 - 10 requires certain information to be exchanged OTH for a "valid" contact, (petty much the same concept as contests use), info must include name, location, and 10 - 10 number.

8. KZ4KX

So I should have used Billie-Joe Bob instead of Robert?

9. VA3VF

Yes...and to be doubly safe, include his medical report, as transmitted on the air, as well.:D:D:D

Now a 'silly' question? How many contacts were needed? Could they have checked with the people involved?

FT8 could be a problem, since the 'when is a contact complete?' question has not been settled to some.

10. KZ4KX

10 were needed and all were within the last year or so and were confirmed in my qrz logbook.