ad: cq2k-1

WX5W Bill Roney II sk

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KD5ZSY, Jul 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KD5ZSY

KD5ZSY Ham Member QRZ Page

WILLIAM (BILL "WX5W") JEWELL RONEY II

William (Bill "WX5W") Jewell Roney II passed away July 1, 2019 surrounded by his family, after a long illness. Bill proudly served in the Air Force for 26 Yrs.
    He is survived by his wife of 63 yrs., Gabrietta (Gai), daughter Starr Nichols, son William (Jay) Roney III, three grandchildren, Kaci Nichols, Clay Nichols, his wife Michelle Nichols, and William Roney IV, 2 great grandsons, his sister Mary Ruth Long (Charles), sister and brother-in-law Scarlett and John Aucoin, brother-in-law Guy Johnson, along with numerous nieces and nephews.

A Celebration of Life will be held on 28 July 2019 from 2 pm to 4 pm at Molina Rojos restaurant located at 130132 Nacogdoches Rd. S.A. TX.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

3. AI1G

AI1G XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bill was my first contact as a General accoring to my log:
    2014-01-29 17:35 WX5W 10m 28.400 SSB EL09to [​IMG] United States William J Roney, II Tnx Bill, Your my first contact as a General-my update was listed this morning

Always remember his style and beaming voice. In five years on the, I've always wanted to speak to Bill again. My contact was on 10 meters using an HTX-100. Oh the marvel of ham radio.

RIP, Old Man.

Randy Dore -W4FEB/Kc1ATV