ad: M2Ant-1

Digital Mode Ham Radio Hat for Raspberry Pi

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH8STN, Nov 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

2. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Operators
    For the digital ham radio operator using a raspberry pi, there are quite a few components going in to getting on the air. Audio Interface or sound card, CAT control cable, GPS if we want to run FT8 and WSPR off grid and without internet, nevermind the cable mess. So what if you could get rid of all the wires, and have a single box solutions for digi modes which fits in your pocket? Add a GPS, Real Time clock, battery backup, wide voltage input for the entire box, and the ability to configure it as a digital voice gateway or hotspot? Well, thats what we have here.

Here is my introduction to the NW Digital Radio DRAWS Hat for the Raspberry Pi.

Julian OH8STN

KC5YSQ, KC6JLX, W2REA and 10 others like this.
  3. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Waiting still on mine to ship patiently

4. K8TDN

K8TDN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ordered and nowenjoying the waiting game

5. WB8LBZ/SK2023

WB8LBZ/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the instructive video. My radio of choice is the Icom 7100. I has the USB sound card and serial port available off the supplied USB cable. I did order the GPS/GLONASS USB device that I noticed in a previous video ( I think it was yours but I'm not sure). I did get a Real-Time clock when I bought the GPS/GLONASS device. I'm working on a JS8Call installation and adjusting my antennas tuned toward the voice retuned to digital. Keep up the good work.

73, Larry WB8LBZ
    El Paso, TX

KC6JLX likes this.
  6. KC7SDA

KC7SDA Ham Member QRZ Page

I got the UDRC and have been using it at the last couple of field days and it works great! the DRAW system is the UDRC on steriods! I can't wait for mine!

7. VA3NIE

VA3NIE Ham Member QRZ Page

I watched you great video as soon as it came out Julian and I was sorely tempted to order one of the remaining few but alas it would only be for the power aspect.

I just bought the PiJuice hat and the Pololu 5V, 5A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V50F5 to help me power the RPi 3B+ and 7" Pi touch screen. I am just in the process of wiring up the Pololu D24V50F5 to do some testing before I put it in a case and add some chokes. As I have an IC 7100 like WB8LZB I don't need the sound card and mini DIN-6s and depending on how things go I may just use an RPi 2B+ as I don't need WiFi but we'll see.

8. WA3YRE

WA3YRE Ham Member QRZ Page

Web site seems to indicate this is vaporware. They say it is not for sale.

9. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They are building another batch.
    Stand by.

10. K7UDR

K7UDR Ham Member QRZ Page

The next batch will be available for order as soon as we have an estimated ship date.

Bryan K7UDR
    NW Digital Radio

W6MSU likes this.
  11. OZ1FJB

OZ1FJB Ham Member QRZ Page

dont forget us in EU... many hams need this product..

12. K6AH

K6AH Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope you're building a lot of them.

13. N7DHW

N7DHW Ham Member QRZ Page

How do we get notified when they go on sale ?

14. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah! Just when I thought I had nothing else to buy this year! Nice video, as always.

15. KG5EIU

KG5EIU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

AK2M likes this.