ad: ProAudio-1

Dayton Hamvention Fleamarket Question

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by WI0T, Apr 2, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WI0T

WI0T Ham Member QRZ Page

Apologies to all if this has been asked/answered before.

Are the flea market Flea Market Vendor Admission tickets good for General Admission to the Hamvention?

Thanks,

Rod - WI0T

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

In a word,......................................... No

The Vendor admission does not provide access to anything other than the flea market.

http://hamvention.org/flea-market/#tab-1420509665-1-20

There are a maximum of two Flea Market Vendor Admission tickets available per Flea Market space. Vendor Admission tickets allow access to the Flea Market area for set-up, prior to the Flea Market being opened to the general public....edit... General Admission tickets allow access to the entire Dayton Hamvention®, e.g., Inside Exhibits, Forums, Flea Market, etc.

3. WI0T

WI0T Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks,

So if I want to setup before the it opens, I need a flea market ticket ($22) . Then to see everything else I need another general admission ticket (another $22). $44 total. In addition to the $70 flea market space.

Is the alternative to just setup when the flea market is open and save the $22?

Thanks,
    Rod

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

5. WI0T

WI0T Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks.

That makes more sense. It did not seem right that you pay $22 to be a flea market vendor and then need another $22
    general admission ticket to get in the buildings.

Rod

K2HAT likes this.
  6. K2HAT

That worked for me in person as a tailgater, and sorry I remembered wrong, 2104 I was not a tailgater,
    but hung around at a Clubs spot, and said from now on I am going to spend the $ and tailgate.

Very nice to be able to get in early and setup my EZ-Up and table and then wander for a little bit. :)

7. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I got my flea market tickets and tag in the mail a few days ago so they're getting sent out now.

K2HAT likes this.
  8. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

9. K2HAT

DARA does not look here, if my answers are not good enough for you, You are allowed to email Them.

http://hamvention.org/contact-us/

I was there 2015, 2016, 2017 as a Flea Market Tailgater Vendor.

I went in 2014 as a General Admission ticket holder.

10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, excuse da eff outta me!

W2CPD and K2HAT like this.
  11. K2HAT

Best wishes, sorry, but I am not involved with DARA so I do not have all the answers,
    if you need more information ask the DARA folks....
    73 de K2HAT

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  12. K3GM

K3GM Ham Member QRZ Page

There are 3 types of tickets if you are a flea market vendor; Space $70, Vendor Admission $22, and General Admission $22. Each space is entitled to purchase 2 vendor admissions. A vendor ticket is no different than a general admission ticket except that you can freely come and go in the flea market area before general hours. A General Admission ticket holder is not permitted inside the gates unless accompanied by a Vendor Admission holder. So when my 2 friends and I sell at Hamvention, we order the max of 2 vendor tickets for our space, and 1 general admission ticket. When we enter the gates before hours, the three of us are granted admission by virtue of the two fleamarket ticket holders. We have never been challanged at the gate in the 20 years we've been selling. The rules are very clear about this.

By the way, if you buy a space, you are also entitled to a courtesy parking pass if you want to park your vehicle in a remote location and utilize the entire seller's space for selling.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    W4IOA and K2HAT like this.