ad: chuckmartin

Ham Talk Live! Episode 107 - CW Ops with Rob, K6RB

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Mar 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday (3/22) at 9 pm Eastern time on Ham Talk Live!, Rob Brownstein, K6RB will be here to take your questions about the CW Operators' Club! CW Ops supports many morse code initiatives, such as CW Academy for learning the code, CW contests, and online resources.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time (0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button! If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand 24/7/365.25 also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 812-NET-HAM-1 live during the show, or by Skype. Our username is hamtalklive. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

cwops.jpg rob.jpg

K9UR, W9LRM, VE6JF and 3 others like this.
  2. K0MD

K0MD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This should be a great program. He won an award at Dayton in 2017 also right?

WB9VPG likes this.
  3. WB8SCT

WB8SCT QRZ Lifetime Member #205 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I have a lot of respect for Rob and what the CWOPS team has achieved! It should be a great program!!!

WB9VPG likes this.
  4. N2JFD

N2JFD Ham Member QRZ Page

I have worked with rob on CW Academy, Great person. Cant wait to see his interview

WB9VPG and VE7JBT like this.
  5. VE6JF

VE6JF Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to this! I've worked Rob many times in the weekly CWT's

WB9VPG and VE7JBT like this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Great organization, great leader!

WB9VPG likes this.
  7. NN7W

NN7W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just finished level 2 in the CWA and will be moving on to level 3 in September. It has been a very rewarding experience and I would certainly recommend the program to others looking to improve their skills, or just start at the beginning. A willingness to learn and a positive attitude go a long way toward enjoying the fun of CW.

WB9VPG likes this.
  8. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great program, Neil. Just listened to the podcast.

The only thing I missed from your guest, was understanding the nomination process to get a special "CW OPS" number. When i run the CWT sessions on Wednesdays, I just give my name and state. It's lots faster and easier than the CB-esque member number (what nonsense).

Actually, It would be loads more interesting and fun to give name and age.....

WB9VPG likes this.
  9. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

About CW !!! I'm sure that SOME out here can identify with my next comment !!! When I first became licensed as a (1 yr NON-RENEWABLE) Novice we were 15 yrs old and STUTTERED very badly, BUT because of LEARNING INTL. MORSE and increasing my CW SKILLS I was able to COMMUNICATE WITH A LOT OF GREAT INDIVIDUALS !!! Our CW SKILLS increased dramatically thru many years of using CW practically every day, and I was VERY PROUD of our acquired expertise using said mode !!! Having CW was a "GOD-SEND" FOR US WHO'D HAD SPEECH PROBLEMS, more like KEEPING OUR SANITY, rather than working VOICE where some IMMATURE INDIVIDUALS would "MAKE FUN OF US" !!! I'm NOW 70 and for the most part those speech problems have VANISHED !!! Even on Ham Radio some guys can be VERY CRUEL, BUT "WE" SUCCEEDED where THEY ONLY MADE ASSES OF THEMSELVES !!!

W4PJW likes this.