ad: TinyPaddle-1

CQ to "Jump-Start" Print Edition With January Issue - November and December Issues to be Digital Onl

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2HAT, Dec 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

So...there!

2. WU3U

WU3U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My print edition CQ showed up today. Now if I get one next month and my WPX certificate shows up, they will be back on track at least with me anyway.

KK5JY likes this.
  3. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't see the connection. If the criticism of the ARRL were directed toward timely delivery of QST then your argument would make sense. But it isn't. It's directed at the rules and effectiveness of the ARRL as an advocacy organization, which is not something even in the realm of CQ. As I see it, they have every right to editorialize in that regard.

4. WD4IGX

Why?

Your logic completely escapes me.

It's like saying a cook has to be good as his job before he has a right to vote for a different politician because he considers the incumbent to be corrupt. There is no logical connection.

5. WB2AMU

WB2AMU Ham Member QRZ Page

CQ has been pretty critical of the ARRL at times. I will tell you that when I call the ARRL and request help or information, I do get it. You do not get the best response from CQ from what is being reported here. CQ should be good at their job before criticizing another organization.

WU8Y likes this.
  6. WB2AMU

WB2AMU Ham Member QRZ Page

By the way, with regards to the cookd analogy, a cook should be good at his job cooking, before criticizing another cook or chef.....nothing to do about politics...CQ and ARRL are in the same field, in providing information to the radio amateur. It timeliness or quick response is part of the equation, CQ would seem to have failed in that respect.

7. WD4IGX

No, CQ and the ARRL are NOT in the same field, or at least they are not in the same fields WRT the criticisms. As far as I have seen, the CQ criticisms of the ARRL have nothing to do with QST delivery or customer service regarding the magazine. They have to do with policy of an advocacy organization, and that is NOT something that CQ is involved in.

Again, the way I see this, the complaint "do a better job themselves before they have a right to complain" is illogical and CQ has every right to editorialize about the League.

8. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Two weeks late for CQ is an improvement but you have to take into consideration the missed two complete issues. I wonder how long this will last before delivery falls into chaos yet again?

9. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Until the money runs out again.

WB8NUT likes this.
  10. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Guess I will re - up subscription’s
    Whats a few bucks....
    I always liked them.
    I hope they have a great yr.

11. G1TWS

G1TWS Ham Member QRZ Page

My Radcom arrived today, the February 18 issue. In last months issue the RSGB advised that they hoped to post the magazine to everyone by the 26th. They advised that some overseas subscribers may not receive the magazine by this date following dispatch.

In the section welcoming new members, there were three Americans and two Canadians.

12. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My January 2018 issue of CQ Magazine arrived today Wednesday January 17, 2018 in central Florida. No November or December 2017 issues were received.

13. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm going to sign up myself.

14. KG5QLS

KG5QLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I got my January 2018 CQ issue yesterday (17th).

15. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Enjoy Radcom and the RSGB membership. This along with QST and my ARRL membership is a great combo and Radcom is a better replacement for CQ. The best thing is both magazines arrive on-time, all the time. Considering that Radcom has to come all the way from the UK and it still gets here on time, the RSGB membership is an excellent investment.