ad: CQMM-1

Belton tx Oct 2017

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by W5TTP, Oct 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

It has been a couple of years since I had been able to attend. This is one of my favorite fests, not necessarily for the size, but for the array of amateur equipment, pretty fair starter pricing, and most of all, the friendliness of the vast majority of attendees. Gish, it is great! I was able to reconnect with several of my freinds, as well as made some new aquaintences. The sponsoring club does a wonderful job. If you get the opportunity to attend the next one, don't pass it by. Dayton (xenia), Orlando, and Belton are my three favorites for this end of the country.

2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope you had fun -- I missed this one due to other commitments. Hopefully you didn't get bit by a dog in the parking lot, like I did a few years ago. Was the guy still trying to unload the 10 kW+ dummy load?

3. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw someone trying to impersonate Arnold S. unloading some of the finery that basked in the darkness of a garage, or barn, for decades. He was alone, so I am assuming the his better half was not in attendance for the festivities.

4. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Haven't made it out to Belton in awhile, have been a number of times over the years. I agree with you on the selection of items and the friendly people. Growing up in the area it was the first hamfest I ever went to, these days I only seem to make it over to Summerfest here in Austin but maybe I will make it to the spring HamExpo.

5. W5GM

W5GM Ham Member QRZ Page

Belton was great this time around! The weather was perfect and the deals plentiful! This time was the first time I was down for the Friday night fun. I will definitely do it again.