ad: ProAudio-1

Winnfield, LA 2m Repeater is on the air.

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AD5KO, Aug 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. AD5KO

AD5KO Ham Member QRZ Page

The Winnfield LA, 2m repeater is on the air, the output is 147.060 input 147.660 with a tone of 173.8

The callsign is WB5NIN/R

Andrew
    AD5KO

WA5JAV likes this.
  2. AD5KO

This repeater will have an amplifier added to it in the next week or two. Currently the output is I believe around 20 watts.

3. AD5KO

For a bearing on the repeater location I have updated my location info here on QRZ. The repeater is located just a short distance from my house.

4. AD5KO

I am updating my location to the actual repeater site.

5. N3WVB

N3WVB Ham Member QRZ Page

Wishing you the activity of a by - gone era when the art of conversation wasn't lost
    Most repeaters sit idle nationwide without even a kerchunk in a years time
    2 Meters with 4 Mhz of bandwidth has been all but forgotten
    as you can see by the replies :(
    Struggling to keep all the bands active
    Working 440 - 160 meters in EN90

6. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

There are at least four repeaters in the St. Louis metro area that see daily use, often for hours at a time.

Set your VHF/UHF rig to scan anytime you are in the shack. Throw your callsign out periodically. Answer anyone if you are at all able. Even a simple announcement that you can't chat, but appreciate the contact is better than dead air. I think there are more people on the repeaters than many people think. As hams, we need to encourage their use, especially to technicians by actually getting in there and using them.

The busiest times on a daily basis are commute times, where hams are using the repeaters from their vehicles. Try to have your rig scanning at those times.

7. KF5YFD

KF5YFD Ham Member QRZ Page

I found your repeater when camping in Kisatchie but i didn't know the tone. Now that i do i'll try it next time i am camping. I can hear you really well at coyote camp.

AD5KO likes this.