ad: QSLWorks-1

The (K1T) Special Event Station count down to July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N6QIC, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dang.....and I pulled the switch about an hour earlier....

73 es GL de Jim, N2EY

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

It's a long event - only in Day Two still :)

Most of this week I plan to leave the office early and be on 20m by 22:00 UTC, SSB even hours CW odd. Primary 20m SSB 14.275 +/- & 20m CW 14.042 to 14.055. 40m CW same as last night - 7.036 and on the DX-20 "Novice Corner" at 7.05547 (yes, my crystals are precisely marked for the 800-Hz receive in a modern receiver! By you'll still find me with the Southgate Type 7 without such fanciness! :))

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, N6QIC and N2EY like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Another nice batch of SSB contacts in - conditions are still pretty awful. I'm only hitting into CA and the midwest, plus locals. But I did have the pleasure of working Randy, K8TMK, one of the former "Hams at Heath" and he also worked me with his other callsign, W8KIT - the Heathkit Amateur Radio Group. How cool is that? He told me that after he learned about the K1T project, he drove to Dowagiac, MI to the Howard Anthony grave to see the plaque - and I'm pleased to report it's still there and looks good. Randy and his wife Annie did some cleanup on it (cut down the summer weeds) and he's going to send a picture of them by the grave. Anne is also a former "Ham at Heath" with the call W8ALK. They had really nice things to say about this whole project, and it was quite touching to hear them say all of that over the air.

This is quite the hobby.... :)

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

[14.050 CW in just a moment]

N7ANN and N6QIC like this.
  4. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave, thanks for qso just now, please fix ur log... NOT W2RE

WR2E is correct.

Did you leave the freq? I don't hear ya anymore! I was gonna spot ya on cluster.

5. W7UUU

Got you in the log!! Sure wish we had some better propagation, but 339 still can get the job done. Even if the QSB would settle down it would be better - I can deal with 339 copy. Sorry I got dyslexic - with the W2RE on the one go-round... but glad to have you in the log!

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  6. W7UUU

Still calling....

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  7. WR2E

Dave, yer gettin out fine, props good to nj, don't know why nobody answering? Oh, there they go, a couple callers now

8. WR2E

Now up to 579 here. Long qsb cycle.

9. W7UUU

Thanks Steve W5BIB - glad to have you in the log as well! Really light but your 15 watts made it through until the last transmission, when a CQ-er right on frequency wiped you out.

I think propagation is better today than yesterday though - starting to work some East Coast, on both CW and SSB - that's a good sign.

Taking a break for a few...

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  10. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you back on SSB 14.275?

11. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

weird condx !! :confused:o_O First heard you abt 339 with QSB... after 5 minutes you were up to 579 & that's when I got ya !! Now ur down agn !! I was using the Tentec Century-22 at abt 15 watts out to 40m OCF dipole up abt 25ft. Hope to hear you around 7122 khz on the DX-20 before it's over :)

It's gotta get better !! - It can't get much worse !! ;):D

Steve / W5BIB

W7UUU likes this.
  12. W5BIB

Keeping a 'watch' on 7112 khz Dave for the next few hours. I'm tuned-up & ready to pounce !! :D

Steve / W5BIB

13. W7UUU

Sounds like a very good plan Steve - I have a very good rock for 7.114 - are you rock bound or VFO? I very very much want to get you in the log on the DX-20 Novice Corner station - so I will simply call you later this evening when 40 wakes up over here (ha ha!). Dinner about to hit the table, then some more 20m abuse, and probably in 2 hours I'll start trying 40 CW and call you directly - not calling CQ...

Watch this thread - I'll spot it here shortly before

Dave

N7ANN likes this.
  14. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope springs eternal.

15. W5BIB

7114 it is... band sounds decent here so far for me this evening with 8's & 9's galore. Grab some Grub...
    I'm just monitoring 7114.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.