ad: CQMM-1

NEW : First QSO with the "new" dualbander DMR TYT MD-2017 !

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by IW2BSF, May 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

nice modulation.... but, very big radio, hi :)

best 73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

2. IW2BSF

look like ...... the XPR7550 hi hi :)

xpr7550.jpg

3. IW2BSF

???? what ?

W5BIB and K9ASE like this.
  4. IW2BSF

BAD NEWS :

senza parole.... stanno ancora aspettando il marchio CE e "forse" (??? ) arriva a fne giugno.... NO COMMENT !

From TYT :

Dear MD-2017 Pre-Order customer.

Last Monday we had a conference call with TYT / TYTERA regarding the delivery of the new MD-2017. TYT is currently waiting for the completion of the CE marking which is in the final phase. Only when the approval is fully adminstrative the product ca be exported to the new European distribution channel. Unfortunately, all this caused a delay, and TYT can no longer guarantee that we can expect the product in May. This applies to all sales channels and no one except.

At the moment, the schedule is due at the end of June / the beginning of July. Also, TYT has indicated that there is a price increase in connection with the new form of distribution through a central point in Europe to all dealers. This price increase, of course will not affect the PRE Orders(€ 209), only on regular stock sales.

We hope to have informed you and hope for your understanding. Of course, everyone is free to cancel the Pre-Order. However, it is expected that the regular sales price will be increased later to approximately € 269, -
    For Belguim :-(

5. IW2BSF

after the HIGH price 269 euro .... read this , is in TEST ..... no comment :-(

NEWs TYT MD-2017

a collegue have received a (test) sample of the TYT-MD-2017 on
    Monday.

is still not available for sale to the public due to issues that are presently being corrected by the manufacturer:

1) Inability to lower volume on the analog frequencies ( 2 meters as well as 440 Mhz.) completely.. It cannot be muted when the volume control is completely turned-down. The audio on DMR (both 2meters and 440 MHz.), however, can be muted...

2)Once a frequency in a zone (either in A or B)is activated, you cannot switch to the other (either in A or B) nor be able to move to another zone unless transmission stops

3) The radio arrived from the factory with 440 MHz (upper/"A) and 2 meters (lower/"B"). It would not accept a code-plug that I had written with the Firmware 1.14 prior to delivery. I had to re-write the code-plug..I tried changing the order (make 2 meters as upper/A" and 440MHz. as lower/"B") but all that did was erase the code-plug that I had written previously Please do not waste your time writing a code-lug unless you have the radio in hand and have downloaded the factory code-plug before proceeding with writing a code-plug..

5) The portion of the PC Programming cable that fits into the radio housing is loose. The screw holding the cover to the PC programming "port" kept on falling-off when removed.for programming..
    TYT has always responded quickly to fix issues on its radios, so, HOPEFULLY, we will see a batch of "new" MD-2017 in the "market-place" in a few weeks

(from an FB groups )

K9ASE likes this.
  6. W1KGK

W1KGK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have just ordered some for the US. Shipping date is first week in june? I hope everything is fixed from above.!!!

7. IW2BSF

for Europe say for the last week of june..... say to us if work well , hi , best 73

8. IW2BSF

unboxing the new dualbander DMR TYT MD-2017

9. IW2BSF

some photos...... 73 de Rudy

tyt md2017.jpg

10. IW2BSF

first QSO video test (UK sample)

11. IW2BSF

12. W1KGK

I purchased direct from TYT....md 2017,md380 UHF/and VHF models...thanks

13. IW2BSF

ok...we attend your TEST and review of this new radio dmr.... ok ? 73

14. IW2BSF

15. W1KGK

price fixing has been a big issue here in the US. most manufacturers in china have different prices for everyone....they don't publish a price sheet so??? i guess just bargain for the best price...or just don't sell their product.?
    since there is no contract or dealer agreement that anyone signs..they can pretty much do what they want. sell to anyone at any price...
    73's