ad: CQMM-1

Yaesu Announces FT-70DR 5W Dual-Band C4FM HT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Mar 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AD0MI

AD0MI Ham Member QRZ Page

From what I've seen, the FT-991 is a pretty awesome at 2M SSB. Much, much better receiver than my FT-817.

KN0DE likes this.
  2. KN0DE

KN0DE Ham Member QRZ Page

That's why i'm in full support FT-70, any other HT with fusion would be at least 100$ more. This radio just might be the one that hopefully puts a lot more fusion on the air! I'm in southern California there is only 2 people who have fusion in my area (that I know of & who I can talk too).

W0MUD likes this.
  3. AD0AC

AD0AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Meh. It will still do C4FM modes, and can communicate with a WIRES-X node, it just cannot control the node. I think they are trying to offer a small line of FM/C4FM radios that only offer digital voice modes (FTM-3200, FT-70dr) for those who really don't care about WIRES at a much smaller price point. These radios are perfect for my club because we have a DR-1X running on Auto without a WIRES-X node, and it will be a good way to get our members using digital voice. We have Echolink for our repeater linking system and the link radio is an FTM-100DR, which can switch between analog and digital as well. The only thing we're really missing out on is location and callsign info.

4. W5KAW

W5KAW Ham Member QRZ Page

well I like the radio and it to me looks to be a nice radio and when price goes down a tad i'll get one!! but I do hope to see a AA alkaline case for it!!

5. W5YAG

W5YAG Ham Member QRZ Page

Two of the three Fusion repeaters that I can hit offer WiRES-X support. Without it you are basically limited to the one room that the repeater is on. With it, you can connect to just about any room on the network. It is a lot like D-Star but with less users/rooms.

6. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok,

Thanks for the information.

Don...N6NLX

7. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the update. Back when I had Fusion radios there was very few wires machines. That was over a year ago.
    Hopefully it will grow even more. Sounds like it might be doing that. Santa Rosa is quite aways North of San Diego.

Thanks again..

Don N6NLX

8. W5GM

W5GM Ham Member QRZ Page

I really like the shape and volume/squelch option plus vfo on the ft-60... It would be nice if they had kept that form factor...

KN0DE likes this.
  9. KN0DE

Yeah, me too. It a little, um whats that word... Ugly?

10. KG5EXW

KG5EXW Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the answer I got:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note many dealers will offer an advanced reservation, however the FT-70DR will not be available for purchase until the end of April.

We have posted some preliminary information on our public website here:

http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cm...FB036530FBD7D37F1A&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

We should have more complete information in early April.

Thanks!!

Best Regards,

Hans Rooker

Standard Horizon Marine / Yaesu Amateur / Yaesu Aviation

6125 Phyllis Dr. Cypress, CA 90630"

I never buy stuff before I have read the manual, so I won't be rushing out there this time either.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  11. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

ho cost this new yaesu ?

but in USA or in the all rest of the world is much used the C4FM ?

Now arrived in april the NEW dualbanders TYT (5 W) and retevis (10 W ! ) in DMR.....

TYT handy is in pre-order in a holland and italian web shop at 209 euro ...

73 de IW2BSF

12. KN0DE

184.94 Euros.

It is 199.95 US dollars, so I just used a US dollar to Euro converter from google.
    This is probably not the actual price in euros but it will be close to it.

13. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

wow a dualbander by Yaesu (made where ....??? ) in C4FM at only 185 euro ?

most convenient to the china TYT dualbander dmr at 209 euro , hi :-(

14. KN0DE

I could be wrong, but if I were you I would use amazon to get close to that price.

73' and hope that will be the euro price
    Luke KM6DJS

15. WA2DZO

WA2DZO Ham Member QRZ Page

Couple of guys moved in on our favorite repeater with some kind of digital stuff and made it useless to us and the owner!! No ID and we can't ask ask for them to cut it short stay off during active hours. FM is good enough for us so whats the dealio ? /