ad: Radclub22-1

Hamcation 2014

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by W4AKF, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W4AKF

W4AKF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Got there when they opened and my suspicions were correct, attendance compared to Friday last year was a bit lower as the weather was awful. Rained on me all the way from Tampa and was...... cold. Felt sorry for all the tailgaters, many had campfires going to try to keep warm.
    The Inside buildings were very busy and the usual vendors were mobbed.

There were deals to be had, cash seemed to talk well yesterday. The bar-b-q guy was back from the front where they usually are, was an excellent pork sandwich, I recommend that. Is in a white trailer, with tent and tables out back to sit and eat.

The staff was great, good support on 146.760 if you need info on the way in. I suspect there will be more tailgaters and attendance today as the weather has improved a lot from yesterday.

And stay off of I-4 coming or going home, was total GRIDLOCK, many accidents yesterday afternoon. Best way to go if going from the west coast of Florida is I-275 north to Hwy 50 east and the back way into Orlando, that trip was a breeze both ways and at normal highway speeds.

73"s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.