ad: M2Ant-1

Further Electromagnetic Field restrictions in Poland?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Oct 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Further Electromagnetic Field restrictions in Poland?
    Poland's Health Ministry is reported to be working on a draft regulation that is feared will set new restrictions on levels of electromagnetic fields (EMF), this appears to have arisen due to misguided concerns about 5G

A translation of a post by national amateur radio society PZK says:

The Ministry of Health is working on a draft regulation that will set new standards for acceptable levels of electromagnetic fields (EMF). These standards are important, among others in the context of the development of telecommunications networks, especially the planned 5G network.

Until now, EMF standards were set by the Ministry of the Environment. However, this is changed by the novella entering into force on October 25, the so-called mega acts, i.e. the act on supporting the development of telecommunications networks and services. It stipulates that a regulation specifying different acceptable levels of electromagnetic fields in the environment will be issued by the minister of health in consultation with the minister of digitization.

As reported by the Ministry of Health in response to PAP [Polish Press Agency] questions, work is currently underway on this regulation.

"Currently, the ministry is collecting opinions of Polish scientific institutes dealing with health care issues in the context of the impact of electromagnetic fields on human health. It is now too early to present specific limit values for electromagnetic fields, ”the Ministry of Health said.

At the moment, Polish standards are one of the most stringent in Europe . The maximum permissible level of electromagnetic fields in Poland is 0.1 W / sq m, while in most EU countries they are up to 2 W / sq m for frequencies in the 10-400 MHz range, between 2 and 10 W / sq m for frequencies in the 400-2000 MHz range and 10 W / sq m for frequencies in the 2000 MHz range - 300 GHz.

The announcements of government representatives clearly show that these standards will be raised e. Digitization Minister Marek Zagórski has repeatedly said such a need, justifying the development of telecommunications networks. It is both about the bandwidth of current cellular networks and the implementation of 5G networks. "This level of norms that we have today is blocking development. All over the world, these standards are many times higher, and in Japan even up to 100 times higher than it is in Poland at the moment, "said Zagórski, e.g. in an interview with PAP, pointing out that the government wants social dialogue in this matter.

Telko network development plans, especially the density of transmitter networks needed to build 5G raises many questions about health effects and possible harmfulness of electromagnetic radiation (EMF) in telecommunications. Opponents of the development of 5G technology indicate that at the density of antennas planned at 5G every second citizen will be exposed to permanent weak electromagnetic fields, and the lack of sufficient research that would indicate that it is not harmful. Their voices turned out to be so important that at the stage of the Senate's works, the amendment to the mega-law removed provisions that directly facilitated the construction of the 5G network. The answer to these fears was also - as the head of the MC Marek Zagórski said - transfer of the prerogative to issue a regulation on EMF standards from the Ministry of the Environment to the Ministry of Health, as well as the planned construction of a public information system on the electromagnetic field.

The 5G network (fifth generation telecommunications network) is a new, intensively developed telecommunications standard. It is to enable fifty- or even a hundred-fold increase in transmission speed compared to current 4G networks. Such technology is to accelerate, among others development of the Internet of Things (IoT), telemedicine services, autonomous vehicles and smart cities.

The European Commission wants member countries to have broad coverage of the 5G network by 2025. According to the Commission, by 2020 the 5G network will be available on a commercial basis for at least one large city in each member country.

Source PZK
    https://tinyurl.com/PolandPZK

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/20...ctromagnetic-field-restrictions-in-poland.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KG4BFR likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Tell Mr. Sun he has a problem with his 'electromagnetic fields'.

And darn! That 300 degree kelvin GROUND is just BATHING the Polish Health Ministry with...(wait for it)....ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS!!!

Dang that Wein Peak! The Cosmic Background Radiation is clobberin' us! And---OMG! OH (Water) Masers in the Kleinmann-Lo NEBULA!!

Mercy!

Time to put on the aluminum beanies, friends;-)

[​IMG]

AND....
    https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.n...7-29574-hltjxz-Flex_kid_inline.jpg?1451177561

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    WQ4G, AA4MB, N0TZU and 2 others like this.
  3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

perhaps the legislation can also be used to shut down noisy grow lights and solar power inverters and TVs and ...

WQ4G, KE9OL, N0TZU and 1 other person like this.
  4. I2NOY

I2NOY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not in Europe. :(
    Here is full of crazy "green" people.

KE9OL and N0TZU like this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

We have our own crazies in the States...

Believe it or not, some of these (IMO) loonies --alleged scientists-- believe that DNA IS A FRACTAL ANTENNA that is resonant to RF transmissions. SO when you TX with your rig or cell phone, the 'resonant DNA' breaks apart, causes mutations and you get cancer--acccording to them.

Utter unmitigated BS.

There is absolutely no data that supports this bizarre hypothesis.

The fact is that we are bombarded by RF from natural sources constantly, and life on Earth evolved in that NOISY RF environment.

For example, here at sunspot minimum, the QRN is VERY HIGH at HF-- natural RF from the ionosphere itself. You can't escape it. But you are the product of 3 billion years living in it.

Now, high and continuous RF exposure at microwave IN THE NEAR FIELD can lead to localized heating and may have health consequences, but none of this applies here to 5G (or fractal antennas for goodness sake!)

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    KG5KZU, WQ4G, KE9OL and 4 others like this.
  6. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There is money to be made, prestige to be had, and power to be grabbed, by inventing threats and "solving" them.

KF4ZKU, WQ4G, AA4MB and 6 others like this.
  7. WB4YAL

WB4YAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, dictators have been exploiting FEAR for years to control the masses.

KF4ZKU, WQ4G, SP7OLA and 2 others like this.
  8. KE9OL

KE9OL Ham Member QRZ Page

LIGHT IS RF. QUICKLY DEFINE THE LIMITS, I'M TERRIFIED.

KF4ZKU and N0TZU like this.
  9. N0TZU

Sunscreen.

Hey, would that work against 5G?:rolleyes: I smell a business opportunity for special 5G screen lotion (easier to sell than metallic underwear).

KE9OL likes this.
  10. KE9OL

GREAT. I CAN'T GET TO SLEEP WITHOUT MY NIGHTLIGHT AND NOW I HAVE TO WEAR SUNSCREEN TO BED?:eek:

11. M0SYL

M0SYL Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand all indignation, but you need to approach the matter objectively.
    The disease is known as hypersensitivity to the electromagnetic field, which causes dermatological, neurasthenic and vegetative reactions has been scientifically proven. This disease is caused by people living in cities, where there is a special density of waves with different frequency ranges. Studies in Europe have shown that the most cases were recorded in Scandinavian countries and in Germany; a little less in the UK, Austria or France.
    It is also known that the ability to penetrate electromagnetic waves depends on the frequency. 5G networks will work in the range up to 30GHz, which is the microwave range. There is no unambiguous evidence that these waves are harmful, just as there is no unambiguous evidence that they are harmless. The Polish government is very prudent in its approach and wants to first examine whether it will introduce technology that has a negative impact on the health of society. Bravo!

12. WB4YAL

WB4YAL Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sorry but I have to laugh at this post. My apologies if I offend anyone but Poland is just being SILLY!

13. N0TZU

Are there people who have symptoms that they really, really believe are due to a sensitivity to RF?

Yes.

But proven to be caused by RF fields? Hardly, in fact quite the opposite.

So far, double blind testing and the medical evidence points to an inability to sense RF Fields*, and a lack of any observable or plausible link to the symptoms people report. These and other factors have lead to “RF sensitivity” being classified as an aspect of a psychological anxiety disorder, and it can be treated as such with anti-anxiety drugs and therapy.

* The exceptions are the well known thermal effects, and also well known auditory effects with high power microwaves aimed at the head.

WQ4G and KE9OL like this.
  14. KE9OL

TIME AND MONEY BETTER SPENT ELSEWHERE. BY THE LAW OF UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES IT SPREADS FEAR AND DIS-INFORMATION.

ANECDOTAL COMPARISON: FOR MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE IT HAS BEEN DRUMMED THAT SMOKING CAUSES CANCER, PERIOD. WHEN THAT BEGAN TO BE THE NARRATIVE THE POPULATION SMOKED AT A RATE OF NEARLY 50%. WE HAVE BEEN CLOSE TO 15% FOR MORE THAN LONG ENOUGH TO SEE HUGELY DECLINING CANCER RATES. STILL WAITING, IN FACT BOTH ADULT AND CHILDHOOD CANCER RATES ARE RISING. AT THIS POINT SCIENCE HAS NO IDEA HOW TO CURE CANCER LET ALONE WHAT CAUSES IT.

15. W1AET

W1AET Ham Member QRZ Page

ke9ol, there is no need to shout