ad: Sussex-1

2019 AMSAT Board of Directors election results

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Sep 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

2019 AMSAT Board of Directors election results

As a result of the 2019 Board of Directors Election, Jerry Buxton, N0JY; Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA; Patrick Stoddard, WD9EWK; and Michelle Thompson, W5NYV; will serve on the board for two years.

The First Alternate is Brennan Price, N4QX. The Second Alternate is Howard (Howie) Defelice, AB2S. Both will serve for a term of one year.

The results of the voting with 1,052 ballots cast (892 electronic + 160 paper) are as follows:
    675 votes ... Michelle Thompson, W5NYV
    585 votes ... Patrick Stoddard, WD9EWK
    526 votes ... Jerry Buxton, N0JY
    515 votes ... Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA
    480 votes ... Brennan Price, N4QX
    435 votes ... Howard (Howie) Defelice, AB2S
    399 votes ... Paul Stoetzer, N8HM
    366 votes ... Jeff Johns, WE4B

These results submitted September 20, 2019 by Clayton Coleman, W5PFG AMSAT Secretary

http://www.amsat.org

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2019/september/2019-amsat-board-of-directors-election-results.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

W7UUU, WE4B and WD9EWK like this.
  2. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Michelle and Patrick!

WD9EWK likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

And BIG thanks to you Jeff for at least getting your hat in the ring :)

Nicely done

Dave
    W7UUU

K3XR, WE4B and WD9EWK like this.
  4. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

It was in the ring and, as such, drew some votes in my direction which helped lead to two new BOD members. I am so very PROUD of the new BOD members and alternates and can't wait to see the direction that we may now find ourselves traveling. It was obvious from the votes cast that the membership wanted change.

With that said, I encourage all that are interested in keeping amateur radio in space to become and AMSAT member and support the organization. I am proud to be a member and even more proud now. I also encourage AMSAT members to vote in all elections and if they aren't satisfied with whomever is in charge to throw their name in the hat and to help change things rather than just issuing disparaging remarks.

If someone feels strongly about something, they should be willing to step-up and try to be the change. Short of that, if you don't vote, you don't have any right to complain.

Once again, congrats to Michelle and Patrick. I'm proud of both of you.

N2AMM, WD9EWK, W1YW and 1 other person like this.
  5. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Just so folks will know, during the election cycle which was poisoned by AMSAT BOD members, I was personally attacked along with my daughter. Even though the election is now over, I still find myself receiving unwanted attacks from AMSAT BOD members. Jerry Buxton N0JY was just kind enough to Tweet this to me even though I don't follow him or interact with him on Twitter. I can't wait for the next election when hopefully someone can remove more of the cancers on the AMSAT BOD. Get a life Jerry and leave me alone! It's not up to AMSAT BOD members to tell those in the organization how to educate their children. Get a grip or get a lawyer.

[[it is against the TOS to publicly post private communications without consent of all parties]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019
    VA7UO likes this.
  6. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

AMSAT has a published non-dicrimination policy which can be found here:

https://amsat.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/AMSAT-Non-Discrimination-Policy.pdf

If AMSAT is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for their staff, members, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients why are Tweets directed at me from one of their BOD members allowed? This includes me and my daughter which are both paid members of the organization.

I'm proud of the two new AMSAT BOD members but I will retain counsel unless this BOD member is censured and this harassment stops.

VA7UO and K6CLS like this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

WE4B is a fine person. I voted for him.

Run again next round.

If AMSAT is to survive--and we all expect it to-- then personal sqaubbles need to evaporate.

Keep the eye on the prize-- that is, the birds. Elevate the members to the mission.

Chip W1YW

N2AMM, K3XR, N4QX and 4 others like this.
  8. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job Patrick ! see you on the "BIRDS" 73' Phil KI6PMD..

WD9EWK likes this.
  9. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you, Phil!

73!

VA7UO likes this.
  10. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you, Jeff. Please stay involved with AMSAT. I hope to keep hearing you and Marissa on the satellites.

73!

WE4B likes this.
  11. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your effort Jeff, you received my vote.

WD9EWK and WE4B like this.
  12. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

HAL9000: I honestly think you ought to calm down; take a stress pill and think things over.
    What is a word for someone who doesn't care what others think?
    Egomaniacal, self-interested, self-seeking, self-absorbed, narcissistic, vain, conceited, self-important. A confident person will hear what other people say about them and learn from it.
    We are all human.
    Ps. Thank you mr. Jerry n0jy and the whole amsat crew,
    for all the time and expertise you and others have *given*
    to amsat.

13. KM4FVI

KM4FVI Ham Member QRZ Page

Can’t we all just get along please....

Frank

14. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

To be fair, this stupid spat started elsewhere. You spread it to QRZ (Post #5).

KE8AKW, K7JEM, AA5PK and 1 other person like this.
  15. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I have deleted a couple of posts that were not in the spirit of this discussion. Please act accordingly. Thanks.

WD9EWK, KA2CZU and AA5PK like this.