ad: elecraft

Huntsville Hamfest

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by KC4LNX, Aug 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KC4LNX

KC4LNX Ham Member QRZ Page

My 3rd in a row visit to the Huntsville Hamfest and enjoyed it very much. Most all tables full in the in-door "bone yard" with lots of vintage gear including military equip. weather was great. Very crowded but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Seems to be well ran and organized. Joe, KC4LNX

2. WA4KCN

WA4KCN Ham Member QRZ Page

It’s a great ham fest. I was there in 1980 - the first year at the Von Braun Center. I think the only reason the ham fest is not bigger is due to the facility. It’s too hot in Huntsville in August for anything to be outside. As you know it was packed this year.

3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I go there every year, if you don't want to go outside at all, just stay in the attached hotel.
    you never leave an A/C area.

4. K4ISA

K4ISA Ham Member QRZ Page

The XYL and I went for the first time this year. Attended 2 forums while there. Especially enjoyed the AMSAT forum. Very knowledgeable speaker gave out some good info. Overall a good show - except for that whole not winning any prizes thing. :eek: :)

5. WA4KCN

They always put on interesting forums. That is one reason I go every year. The propagation forum was sad though. If the sun acts as though it has in the past, there is mostly agreement now we are moving into a grand solar minimum. Meaning a person living today will not experience HF radio conditions comparable to that of the past on 17 meters and up.

I have been buying prize tickets for 45 years at ham fests, and the only thing I have won is a ceramic fruit dish at the Senitobia MS fest in 1976.

6. WA4KCN

Do that every year. Only go outside to eat dinner at some fine dining places down town.

ND6M likes this.