ad: TinyPaddle-1

We May Have Just Solved the Mystery of 11 Year Long Solar Cycles

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC8FRJ, Aug 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC8FRJ

KC8FRJ Ham Member QRZ Page

"
    Alexagrigorieff
    OK, let me guess... Jupiter, Earth, Venus, and Mercury combined tidal effects? Oh, they say it's Jupiter, Earth, and Venus. Note that tidal effect is inversely proportional to 4th power of distance. If we take (average) Earth tidal effect as 1, then we have tidal effects of other planets, at different positions of their orbits as:
    Jupiter: 1.95 to 2.62;
    Venus: 2.11 to 2.2;
    Mercury: 0.54 to 1.89; (!!!!)
    Mars: 0.02 to 0.04;
    Saturn: 0.09 to 0.13
    I'd hazard a guess and suggest that amplitude of solar activity maximum depends on how Jupiter-Venus-Earth syzygy aligned with Mercury perihelion

"

W7LDE, EI4BB, AC7DD and 6 others like this.
  2. G3XNE

G3XNE Ham Member QRZ Page

what an non understandable load of rubbish. total guesswork !!

k3xne

KC1DR, KC9YGN, W9USS and 5 others like this.
  3. KC8FRJ

KC8FRJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Abstract pointed to in the video has quite the list of references. Indeed, it would seem this correlation of sun spot activity with the alignments Venus, Earth, and Jupiter was brought forward as early as 1952.
    http://ojs.library.okstate.edu/osu/index.php/OAS/article/download/3713/3387

I apologize, I thought this was new information.
    That said, it is quite the mathematical coincidence, I mean like dead on time period wise.

WB6UNG, W1FDR, K0DD and 1 other person like this.
  4. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't apologize too much, it was news to me. I am still trying to understand why I should give-a-dame about it though...

K4NB and K0UO like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You're giving out DAMES?? :eek: How would that work?

Dave
    W7UUU

KC8UJP, AG5CK, BI8EJM and 10 others like this.
  6. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

No man. I'm asking why I should.

7. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's OK to not care... then move on. Some people need to know why the sky is blue, others just accept it. The world needs both of those people. It is that same curiosity that discovered radio over a century ago. But don't disrespect those that are curious about science and are advancing our knowledge.

KT4RK, AK5KB, KF4ZKU and 15 others like this.
  8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This guy must have a PHD from Where???
    Ok it is on the web, so it must be backed up the years of studies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or Pot smoking!!!!!

K5UY, K4AGO, KA0E and 3 others like this.
  9. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Again with this?

AE5GT and W7UUU like this.
  10. N7KFD

N7KFD Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't realize it was a mystery.

K4AGO, AE5GT, M3VPI and 1 other person like this.
  11. K8UA

K8UA Ham Member QRZ Page

12. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Everything on YouTube is a mystery or a conspiracy when click revenue is the goal.

KF4ZKU likes this.
  13. N9UTJ

N9UTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well with positions and also fuel burn and ring effect of ebb and tide it is very complicated to really figure out the process just as the great spot minimum 400 or so years ago ,,it would at least take 400 or so years with technology now to study to conclude of sorts .

KF4ZKU and WR2E like this.
  14. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting concept that I have seen referenced before.

Best to see if further work proves the concept before we shoot the messenger :cool:

G3SEA/KH6

15. KJ4DGE

KJ4DGE Ham Member QRZ Page

I am more interested in the guy giving out dames, as to the troll farm on this topic why not a theory that MIGHT be correct other than total rubbish? Even if his science is spot on, or not the bands are still crap during the day and most of the night. Just stay away from Jupiters moons they don't belong to us! Oh my God! its full of stars!

KC1DR and K0UO like this.