ad: Schulman-1

Atlanta ARC and KARC has cancelled the June 1 Hamfest

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K4RJJ, May 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K4RJJ

K4RJJ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just about to post this with a ? re:
    Code:
    John Talipsky, N3ACK, the Hamfest chair said, “It’s every event organizer’s worst
    nightmare to have to cancel an event for things other than weather and this was not done lightly.
    Due to ongoing issues, that we have not been able to satisfactorily address at this time, 
    related to our return to the newly renovated facility, it was decided in the best interests of attendees and
    vendors alike to cancel this year’s show.”

Ongoing issues?
    Just come out and say it man.

4. WR2E

That 'renovation / raise the rent' tactic was used on a music group jam session in NJ in recent history. For DECADES of meeting at a certain Grange Hall, the owners decided to renovate and when finished they jacked the monthly rent by 3X. Drove 'em out... fortunately they easily found a new place that donated the space monthly (the music group is a non-profit).

Bet that's what happened there... didn't want them dirty old Bluegrass Pickin' Musicians / Ham Radio Ops hangin' around.

5. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

No No. It can't be that. They'd just cover the difference this year rather than cancel, "in the best interest..."
    No. It's got to be something more serious like: Rabid rampaging raccoons; Chipmunks with plague fleas; Someone forgot to pay the deposit?

KE0SXE and WR2E like this.
  6. WR2E

Wait... what? say that they really ARE carriers, please? I could convince the XYL that they are NOT cute and should be exterminated!

7. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

8. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

WR2E likes this.
  9. WR2E

10. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

"The Hamfest was planning to return to Jim R Miller Park, it’s home since 2001, after a year away due to remodeling at the park. The team made the tough decision to cancel because they did not feel the goal of a fun, quality event was on track.

The Atlanta Hamfest team is turning their efforts toward the 2020 event, planned for Saturday June 6, back at Jim R. Miller Park."

Says they're going to the same place next year.

11. K4RJJ

K4RJJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Email John Jr. He is on the site.

12. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks

13. K4SLQ

K4SLQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Why ????