ad: cq2k-1

Hamvention navigation app

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Hamvention navigation app

The ARRL report an interesting mobile app is now available to help Day-Xenia Hamvention visitors to navigate throughout this year's event, and attendees can use their personal smart phone or tablet to navigate the extensive Hamvention program, prize drawings, activities, and exhibits.

For more details, see:
    http://www.arrl.org/news/view/mobil...yton-hamvention-visitors-to-navigate-the-show

There is an introductory YouTube video

K9PLG likes this.
  2. VA2SS

VA2SS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Really worth it! Easy to schedule a conference... map... etc. Forget about paper... finally!

Congratulation everyone for this app!

73 de Jeff | VA2SS

3. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is this available via an ordinary browser as a Web app? I do not own a smartphone (they are, essentially, spying devices that track your every move and report it to unsavory corporations such as Google) but do own a tablet that I could use with Wi-Fi at the show.

K0UO likes this.
  4. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

You do own a tablet which are, essentially, spying devices that track your every move and report it to unsavory corporations such as Google.

W7CJD and KG5THG like this.
  5. WY7BG

Not my tablet. It runs BSD UNIX.

6. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

..seriously?

Is it strictly BSD UNIX, or is there another OS in that tablet?

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  7. K8KDD

K8KDD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So I down loaded the app on to my I-phone and set it al up with all the forms and booths that I wanted to attend one I got to Hamvention and tried to use it would not load it was useless just a waste of time to try to mess with it.

8. WY7BG

There is no other OS on that tablet. It's an Atom-based, PC-compatible tablet running FreeBSD and Lumina.

9. K1KP

K1KP Ham Member QRZ Page

I was a vendor at the Hamvention. Many visitor used the ARRL Hamvention App. I provided QR codes in my booth so visitors could scan them to visit my website. Many visitors looked for QR code scanner in the ARRL app but apparently there wasn't one. I know that there are many stand alone QR code apps out there, but it would have been nice to include one in the ARRL app.

-Tony, K1KP

10. KD8CGF

KD8CGF Ham Member QRZ Page

I was hoping that the Hamvention door prize numbers would be easy to look up on the app, but after the first ones were posted, the app malfunctioned & didn't show further drawings until & unless the "cache was cleared". Didn't learn about that until Sunday.