ad: elecraft

Ham Talk Live! Episode 165 - LIVE from Dayton: Weather, Parking, and More!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, May 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday night at 9 pm EDT, we will be LIVE from the SpringHill Suites in Miamisburg (Dayton, Ohio) getting YOU ready for Hamvention!

We will have an exclusive Hamvention weather forecast from Eric Elwell, KD4BNT, Spectrum News One Chief Meteorologist; a Dayton and surrounding area traffic report, up to the minute information from the Hamvention Parking Staff about onsite parking, remote parking, and busing; external events information, and a visit from our own version of Biff Henderson!

We won't be taking your calls tonight, but we will again starting next week!

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EDT (Friday 0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube. A replay is also broadcast on WTWW 5085 AM on Saturday nights at approximately 6:30 pm Eastern.

And, look for our mascot "Hammy" VE1BCN wondering the fairgrounds on Friday and Saturday. Send us your photos with Hammy with #hamtalklive on Twitter!

We'll also be giving away stickers and Loyal Listener Club Nerd Cards. So be sure to pick up yours at Hamvention!

HTL Loyal Listener Nerd Card front copy.png hamvention crowd.jpg Eric Elwell.jpg 33061405_914929388689232_7428033895620149248_n.jpg

W8BAQ likes this.
  2. N8CBX

N8CBX Ham Member QRZ Page

I like Eric Elwell and his great weather reports here on Channel 7, WHIO, in Dayton. I was very disappointed when he left Dayton, but you say Eric is on the new Spectrum News Channel. I'll keep watching for Eric.
    Best Regards from Dayton,
    Jan N8CBX

WB9VPG likes this.
  3. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, he is! I'll have him on the show tomorrow night.

4. NK9Y

NK9Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Rain-shine-heat-cold, no matter. I'll come prepared for anything. Thanks Xenia, and the Hamvention crew for performing a tough task!

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No rain:)!

Watta time:)

WB9VPG likes this.
  6. K9XN

K9XN QRZ Lifetime Member #330 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

He he he...that picture of Hammy the pig and Mike Shen AC9ID I took at Hamvention in 2018...It is a good photo though, don't ya think?

WB9VPG likes this.